Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 ranger XP 1000.I have 5000 miles on the Ranger and the engine is making metal in the oil I have changed the oil every 500 miles.As I use it daily. When I changed the oil at 5000 miles there was metal in the oil I also I’m getting a little blow by back to the air cleaner and the air cleaner is clean.I drove it 60 miles and drained and checked the oil again same thing getting metal in the oil.Any suggestions on issue or a good place to send engine out for rebuild.Eng still has good compression 190 on both cyl

·
Registered
158 Posts
Start it up and spray some carb cleaner around the intakes where they attach to the head. Listen for an rpm change.

Haven't heard of a 1000 intake leak yet. But the 900 was know to go down from a leak there.

Nflow is a good place to have a rebuild done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start it up and spray some carb cleaner around the intakes where they attach to the head. Listen for an rpm change.

Haven't heard of a 1000 intake leak yet. But the 900 was know to go down from a leak there.

Nflow is a good place to have a rebuild done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it for a 10 mile ride Now it’s blowing oil out the stator cover I guess it time to pull the Eng

1 - 4 of 4 Posts