Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a 12V battery and a Pro HD 4500 winch to my 2019 Polaris EV ranger. The instructions are to connect the power cable kit and contactor to the top and bottom busbar terminals. The respective terminals, however, already have two wires attached. My question is, may I stack the power cable and contactor wires on top of existing wires on the bus bar without overloading or creating other problems?

Also, where is a good place to buy a bus bar to battery power cable for a 2019 Ranger EV? Polaris doesn't seem to sell it.
Thank you,
Mihaela

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
This is my set up in a nut shell, be glad to give more info as will others. I do not connect my winch or accessories to the 3 prong bus bar. It is limited to 10 amps. I have front and rear winch, light bar, Dome light, 4 front mounted green led Eagle eye lights. I have a 6 panel fuse box from Amazon connected to a 12V Blue Top AGM Deep cycle battery. The winch contactor and remote is connected to the 12v battery. I have all the accessories except a speedometer connected to the battery thru a fuse box. I also have on board a NOCO 4 amp charger for the battery, when I had the lead acid batteries it was spliced into the AC cord of the Deltaq so it charged when the LA batteries charged. There has been post on here about connecting a winch contactor to the 3 prong buss bar that you might get some back feed and damage the DeltaQ. I don't know much about that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my set up in a nut shell, be glad to give more info as will others. I do not connect my winch or accessories to the 3 prong bus bar. It is limited to 10 amps. I have front and rear winch, light bar, Dome light, 4 front mounted green led Eagle eye lights. I have a 6 panel fuse box from Amazon connected to a 12V Blue Top AGM Deep cycle battery. The winch contactor and remote is connected to the 12v battery. I have all the accessories except a speedometer connected to the battery thru a fuse box. I also have on board a NOCO 4 amp charger for the battery, when I had the lead acid batteries it was spliced into the AC cord of the Deltaq so it charged when the LA batteries charged. There has been post on here about connecting a winch contactor to the 3 prong buss bar that you might get some back feed and damage the DeltaQ. I don't know much about that.
Thank you so much, this is very useful.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Thank you so much, this is very useful.
It looks like a wiring mess but I’ve cleaned it up since

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
What are u using for a auxiliary battery? There are lots of buss bars on Amazon or Bass Pro if u have one close. I use a 6 fuse panel with fuses. I connect my winch contactor to the auxiliary battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are u using for a auxiliary battery? There are lots of buss bars on Amazon or Bass Pro if u have one close. I use a 6 fuse panel with fuses. I connect my winch contactor to the auxiliary battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought the auxiliary battery from Polaris, one that is recommended for my vehicle and the winch. I hooked everything on the existing bussbar and everything works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts