Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

I've got approximately 1080 miles and 93 hours on our 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 SOHC. If you or someone you know is considering the new SOHC 1000 Rangers 2020-2021, this video should be of interest... In short, we still love it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is a customer's Ranger.
It's warranty work, but it's the 3rd one I've seen...
Damn it ....

I have a 16 900 xp
Like it okay , but next one I may buy is a Can Am defender, I sure like how they are built .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Polaris is should have kept the 900XP. I'm not sold on the SOHC 1000.
As far as the performance and user experience goes, I’m absolutely sold on it. But this is the first I’ve heard of any issues with the SOHC 1000. But, if you’ve done three, there may be something there that needs to be remedied by Polaris! Tell us more. What’s failing and causing the valve to drop? Are they all around the same miles when they fail? Is it the same cyclones they’re failing on?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem with mine is the sloppy drive shaft where it connects to front pumpkin shaft, horrible slop

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Out of curiosity, how does the slop manifest itself? Noise? Vibration?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All had around 1k miles on them. The exhaust valve keepers sre
Well, I’ve got an all-day ride planned with the family tomorrow, we’ll probably hit 1150 miles. Fingers crossed. Luckily I’m still under warranty till March. Have you seen Polaris covering these repairs under warranty?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello friends,

I've got approximately 1080 miles and 93 hours on our 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 SOHC. If you or someone you know is considering the new SOHC 1000 Rangers 2020-2021, this video should be of interest... In short, we still love it!
Just took mine to the shop for the squeak in the rear deal said both rear bearings were shot at 400 miles!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just took mine to the shop for the squeak in the rear deal said both rear bearings were shot at 400 miles!
Is yours the 2020 1000 SOHC? One of the reasons I bought it is all of the updates for longevity that Polaris advertises, such as sealed bearings and bushings. I have a hard time understanding how the bearings were shot by 400 miles!

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
158 Posts
Never never buy the first year or two of a new model by any manufacturer. You’re the guinea pig now.

Has this engine ,transmission and clutch been used in another machine?

I still don’t understand why they got rid of the 900. It was a good machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Never never buy the first year or two of a new model by any manufacturer. You’re the guinea pig now.

Has this engine ,transmission and clutch been used in another machine?

I still don’t understand why they got rid of the 900. It was a good machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my opinion, the 2020 Ranger 1000 SOHC is largely an exception to this rule. Look closely and you’ll see that it’s a small evolution of an already proven machine. From what I can tell, most of it besides a few plastics are carry over from the latest Ranger XP 1000. The biggest difference is the top half of the motor, SOHC vs DOHC. I think your “never never” rule is most applicable to all-new machines, like the new Wolverine RMAX 1000. It’s possible there’s a flaw in the design of the SOHC 1000 valve train, even so Polaris is covering it under a 12-month warranty. I love this new machine. I’m very glad I purchased it. My buddy and I went on a 40+ mile ride this afternoon and we had a wonderful time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts