Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Can I ask what you used to mount your gps screen up by your mirror area? Wondering if I can get it to work for my fishfinder for ice fishing. Are your 3 front lights Baja design? Which ones if so? Happy with them ? AWESOME PICS. Thanks for sharing
Hey,

So its a ram mount from amazon, on a 8inch ipad holder. The three lights at the front are diode dynamics, ss3 max. center one spot and the other two flood combo. works mint, super bright, literally like daylight.
Ram Mount 1-Inch Diameter Ball Mount with 2/2.5-Inch Round Base : Amazon.ca: Electronics
RAM Mounts RAM-HOL-TAB29U Tab-Tite Spring Loaded Holder for 8" Tablets with Cases : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Stage Series 3" SAE/DOT White Max LED Pod (one) (diodedynamics.com)

All your pics are fantastic I’m jealous
haha thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
215 Posts
Hey,

So its a ram mount from amazon, on a 8inch ipad holder. The three lights at the front are diode dynamics, ss3 max. center one spot and the other two flood combo. works mint, super bright, literally like daylight.
Ram Mount 1-Inch Diameter Ball Mount with 2/2.5-Inch Round Base : Amazon.ca: Electronics
RAM Mounts RAM-HOL-TAB29U Tab-Tite Spring Loaded Holder for 8" Tablets with Cases : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Stage Series 3" SAE/DOT White Max LED Pod (one) (diodedynamics.com)

haha thanks!
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this?? can I ask how you mounted the ram miunt and to where ? I’m going to research the I pad holder and see if it would be capable of holding my humminbird helix and withstand the rough ride on a frozen lake without it falling out. Love what you have done with your ranger!! And LOVE the pics. Let us from cold snowy Flat ND live vicariously through you guys lucky enough to be in the mountains

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
225 Posts
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this?? can I ask how you mounted the ram miunt and to where ? I’m going to research the I pad holder and see if it would be capable of holding my humminbird helix and withstand the rough ride on a frozen lake without it falling out. Love what you have done with your ranger!! And LOVE the pics. Let us from cold snowy Flat ND live vicariously through you guys lucky enough to be in the mountains
Hey Lang I forgot to comment when I first seen this post but I am almost positive you wont have the same real estate that Dennis does in the wiper box area. In ‘21 i think it was the Northstars came with the lower dash mounted wiper/washer switches and hood mounted nozzle. With that there is just a small plastic housing over the wiper motor now. Not saying it wouldn’t be possible to order and install (hell it’s only more money) the plastic parts to replace what you would have with what Dennis and I have on our older machines, but just wanted you to be aware of this beforehand.

Dennis, not gonna lie, still a bit jealous of the terrain you get to play in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I mounted the ram to the wiper control housing that is on the inside, used some machine screws and some washer / nuts. seems to work well. if I was to do it again, i would of gone this method.
Electronic Device Mounts with Storage Box Organizer Tray for Ranger XP 1000, SAUTVS Electronic Device Phone Tablet GPS Holder for Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew Diesel 2018-2021 Accessories : Amazon.ca: Electronics

The thing is the mount is solid and doesnt move, but had to buy nearly 110$ ram mount kit to do that, all other mounts vibrated too much.

Ive put quite a bit of work into the machine, mostly to make a nice cruiser for the family, so appreciate the words. haha more pics of mountain riding to come, we just got about a meter of snow.Next week heading to Sterling mountain, its quite nice so i'll post those. If you ever get a chance to mountain ride, its worth it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hey Lang I forgot to comment when I first seen this post but I am almost positive you wont have the same real estate that Dennis does in the wiper box area. In ‘21 i think it was the Northstars came with the lower dash mounted wiper/washer switches and hood mounted nozzle. With that there is just a small plastic housing over the wiper motor now. Not saying it wouldn’t be possible to order and install (hell it’s only more money) the plastic parts to replace what you would have with what Dennis and I have on our older machines, but just wanted you to be aware of this beforehand.

Dennis, not gonna lie, still a bit jealous of the terrain you get to play in.
Hey Gerb

Haha thanks, you are right, after 2020, the switching and such went to the dash and not over head. I kinda prefer the over head so I lucked out. The new housing is much smaller.

Any chance to ride in the mountains gerb i suggest you make it a item to do. amazing views that so many never get to see !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing.

I love the tracks! Wish I needed them.

How do you like the Sub? I have thought about that upgrade. I have the full system in my Rzr XP Pro 4 with Sub. It’s fair,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing.

I love the tracks! Wish I needed them.

How do you like the Sub? I have thought about that upgrade. I have the full system in my Rzr XP Pro 4 with Sub. It’s fair,
The sub is pretty good, for having it fully weather proof and still pound loud in the cab, it works for us

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Worked on the ranger today, finally got around to installing our comm's radio. Here in British Columbia, we have forest roads that require use of the radio to communicate your up and downs for safe travels. Finally installed it, and its good for the hunt camp, base radio at camp can reach the ranger within 20-30 km or so.

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive parking light Vehicle

Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Car Grille Motor vehicle

Cloud Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood Rim

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille Wheel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Super cool collection of your adventure photos! thanks so much for sharing, just wondering where in northern BC are you? I waiting for my first ranger and I'm curious to find out more about the backcountry of BC.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts