Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, So 7 months ago I had a secondary inside sheave go bad, sheave was broke and shim or bushing was toast (see picture below) so order new sheave and new rollers for outer sheave and reinstalled. 1400 miles later the same sheave and same bushing was bad. Very annoying tinny sound at around 4200 rpm even when in neutral. Decided to invest in a duraclutch instead of factory again. I have 6 hours on duraclutch and it still has same noise. Ill try to attach a video. Could it be something inside engine? How would I go about diagnosing? Thank you in advance

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, So 7 months ago I had a secondary inside sheave go bad, sheave was broke and shim or bushing was toast (see picture below) so order new sheave and new rollers for outer sheave and reinstalled. 1400 miles later the same sheave and same bushing was bad. Very annoying tinny sound at around 4200 rpm even when in neutral. Decided to invest in a duraclutch instead of factory again. I have 6 hours on duraclutch and it still has same noise. Ill try to attach a video. Could it be something inside engine? How would I go about diagnosing? Thank you in advance Sorry I dont know how to make video live

Polaris Ranger Secondary Shaft Movement

· Registered
90 Posts
You know i have the same noise on my 2019 Northstar and i did pull the spark arrestor out but i still made the same noise. My ranger has 6600 miles on it and i am wondering if the inside of the muffler is falling apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts