Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried doing an internet search of the differences between the 1000 and the 1000 XP but found nothing useful. In the experience of the Forum is the cost of the 1000 XP worth the difference in the two machines? I have previously owned the 700XP and the 900XP, plus a couple of Yamaha Rhinos.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here are some of the differences I know of off the top of my head.
Interior layout
Higher hp engine with dohc
Gear reverse on xp vs chain
Air intakes under hood
6 position bus bar on xp
Gauges on xp vs LCD screen
Open storage under seat (seat flips up)
27" tires
Ride mode switch (work, standard, performance)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Helps me make a better decision. If, and when, I can ever find a new 1000 XP anywhere in a 4 state area. Dealers say they are on order but do not have a shipping date.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good luck. Nobody around here has any and don't know when they will get anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will see, but we should be picking up our 1000 1st of October, we specifically were looking for stealth grey 1000. Dealer had 2 on books to be delivered along with other colors and XP. I was looking surrounding states as well.

Fingers crossed we get ours when dealer is expecting it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
105 Posts
I tried doing an internet search of the differences between the 1000 and the 1000 XP but found nothing useful. In the experience of the Forum is the cost of the 1000 XP worth the difference in the two machines? I have previously owned the 700XP and the 900XP, plus a couple of Yamaha Rhinos.
For what it's worth, I have the 2020 Ranger 1000 SOHC model and my family and I love it. Here is my video review of it.
As far as differences go, more specifically, XP 1000 is 82 hp while my 1000 SOHC is 61 hp. I DO love the storage under the seats. We have seriously enjoyed this machine...and I was able to pick it up brand new for $14,299 from Jones Off-Road in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your input. We were able to finally locate a 2020 Ranger 1000 XP Premium 250 miles away and in another state so went over and picked it up yesterday. Installing factory roof today and awaiting a 4500 # winch to be delivered tomorrow. Now, need to find a tilt windshield for the machine and we will be ready to put it to use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will post some photos when I get through rigging it out. In the meantime, what would be a good windshield? I am not opposed to poly as I had one on my 2016 Ranger 900 XP for years and did not experience excess scratching. I do prefer a tilt out rather than solid or folding windshield.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
105 Posts
I will post some photos when I get through rigging it out. In the meantime, what would be a good windshield? I am not opposed to poly as I had one on my 2016 Ranger 900 XP for years and did not experience excess scratching. I do prefer a tilt out rather than solid or folding windshield.
I will be installing a Polaris Lock-n-ride glass windshield on Megatron here this fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts