Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased the ranger 1000, this is my first side by side to own. I have a few questions about the engine temperature.
I know the fan kicks on at ~204 .

when I’m riding down the highway with no load other than myself around 20mph my temperature is good (180-195) but as soon as I stop the temperature will shoot up to 210 sometimes higher. It will come back down fairly quickly with the fan running . Is this normal?
Also I have seen the temperature get to 205 when just going easy at 9mph.
I’m still on the break in process on the ranger and have done anything that I should during this process. Only have 10hrs on the machine. Also I have checked all fluids and they are okay

thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
207 Posts
The numbers sound very normal. When you are going slow there is little natural airflow to the radiator. It will get warm and the fan will kick on. At 25mph you are just starting to get good airflow. My 2020 570 crew runs cooler at 30 than 20mph.

On new vehicles it is important IMHO to make sure the radiator overflow tank is at proper level for a cold temp engine. Most new vehicles I've been in contact with in the past twenty years have a bare minimum of coolant from the factory. Skimping or poor purging after assembly may be the cause. But most have the fluid at the bottom of the tank or none showing in the tanks. Drop some coolant in the tank up to the cold line and run a few engine cycles. You may find the fluid level drops and needs a bit more. My new crew did just that last week.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently purchased the ranger 1000, this is my first side by side to own. I have a few questions about the engine temperature.

when I’m riding down the highway with no load other than myself around 20mph my temperature is good (180-195) but as soon as I stop the temperature will shoot up to 210 sometimes higher. It will come back down fairly quickly with the fan running . Is this normal?
I’m still on the break in process on the ranger and have done anything that I should during this process. Only have 10hrs on the machine. Also I have checked all fluids and they are okay

thanks for any info!
I also have the new ranger 1000 eps not the XP that runs a little hot driving slow down the back roads..

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
207 Posts
If you had a digital readout on your car/truck you would be amazed at the temps they run at.

Emissions are cleaner at higher temps. Thank the EPA.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds normal same thing with my xp. Overflow tank was a hair below the minimum mark so I filled it. Sad to say the more I ride it the more loose bolts I come across. Just curious when you bought it from dealer how many hrs were on it

·
Registered
14 Posts

thanks for any info!
If you want lower temps, buy an ECU from Gilomens. They also correct some other bugs from the factory!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts