Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding parts that will fit my 2020 Ranger 1000 Base. Is there any website that actually allows you to search for parts for the base model or like most, do you have to call and ask if the XP part will fit on the base? I am new to the side by side game and did not want to spend the money on the XP or high models because I know there is a possibility I will tear up my Ranger because of how I will be using it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am having trouble finding parts that will fit my 2020 Ranger 1000 Base. Is there any website that actually allows you to search for parts for the base model or like most, do you have to call and ask if the XP part will fit on the base? I am new to the side by side game and did not want to spend the money on the XP or high models because I know there is a possibility I will tear up my Ranger because of how I will be using it.
Most xp stuff fits.its the highlifter parts that usually won't fit.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
142 Posts
You ask a good question. I've been going through the same thing with my 2020 Ranger 1000 Premium. I have been able to see that many XP 1000 parts do fit, even when the websites don't indicate that yet. For example, my Rough Country light bar is for the XP 1000, which has the same bumper as my 1000 Premium. Rough Country's website doesn't list the Ranger 1000 Premium for fitment, but it fit perfectly. Same with rear view mirrors, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most xp stuff fits.its the highlifter parts that usually won't fit.
I appreciate the help. I ordered a stock XP bumper and it fit perfectly and i'm starting to realize what you are saying is true for sure. It is frustrating when you call an aftermarket parts distributor and they seem to always say that the base model is limited in aftermarket parts even though XP parts will fit 90% of the time. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You ask a good question. I've been going through the same thing with my 2020 Ranger 1000 Premium. I have been able to see that many XP 1000 parts do fit, even when the websites don't indicate that yet. For example, my Rough Country light bar is for the XP 1000, which has the same bumper as my 1000 Premium. Rough Country's website doesn't list the Ranger 1000 Premium for fitment, but it fit perfectly. Same with rear view mirrors, etc.
I appreciate the help! I think i'm going to go ahead and order that light bar as well. I did put a set of aftermarket LED headlights in which helped a lot but there can never be enough light!

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
142 Posts
I appreciate the help! I think i'm going to go ahead and order that light bar as well. I did put a set of aftermarket LED headlights in which helped a lot but there can never be enough light!
This little light bar looks nice and it’s impressively bright!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I appreciate the help. I ordered a stock XP bumper and it fit perfectly and i'm starting to realize what you are saying is true for sure. It is frustrating when you call an aftermarket parts distributor and they seem to always say that the base model is limited in aftermarket parts even though XP parts will fit 90% of the time. Thanks again!
Very welcome !

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have a 2020 sohc plain Jane 1000
I have only had to return a couple of parts. The doors I ordered were my fault 😂

I’ve learned that there are very few rear bumpers that fit and clear the muffler setup on our machine. I am going to fabricate my own for quadruple strength at half the price. I want a simple tube bumper with receiver tube for a rear winch. I end up on too many solo rides 😂

it seems any and all suspension parts are compatible. I’ve done a arms bracket lift and portals now. Dragonfire doors obviously fit. Bodies are the same.

clutch/transmission are completely different so be careful ordering turf delete, gear reductions, clutches etc. I have yet to find a mud clutch for this machine.

meet Black Betty! Just sold the 18s/33OL3s and going to 22s/BKT37s. This will leave growing room if I decide to lift more. Next more is rear steer and SATV track bar kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
I plan on getting a base model 1000 and I want to get AM roof windshield rear cover and doors. Will the XP parts fit?

·
Premium Member
2020 Polaris Ranger 1000xp North Star Premium
6 Posts
Just ordered mine thanks for info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts