Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 EPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says...
Happens when making left turns. Right turns, it doesn't care at all. The diff (it sounds like) is making a loud snap. Sounds like it's actually jumping teeth or something (although that's a bit of a reach...)
I knelt in the passenger seat and watched the engine/trans when it was doing it. As I said, it appears to be coming from the diff, but you can feel it all through the vehicle. It's so violent that I thought there was a motor mount unbolted or something.
I should add that we just got it back from the initial (25 hour) service, and some work on the (dealer-installed) heater, that didn't heat. (It sort of does, now.)
We never noticed this before, but then we seldom use the diff lock or 4WD.
Edit - So I suppose I should ask... are these things really that crude, and this is normal? Or is this abnormal, and I need to take it back in? Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is not Normal.
From your information provided, you may want to find you a new Dealer to Service your unit.

I would drain the Transaxle fluid and look for metal pieces, both in the oil and on the magnet.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 EPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update... Took it back to the dealer. They easily replicated the situation.
Upon further inspection he said that it was a bad axle. This was mentioned on a couple of different occasions, and apparently it is a "not uncommon" problem on the 1000s.
So... a new axle is on order. (He thought he had one in stock, but that wasn't the case. Apparently they're a popular item.)
So now we wait. He's supposed to call us when he gets the part, so that we can plan on a pickup trip.
Thanks for reading/answering. I'll post another update when I have one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts