Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this rig a month ago and I was backing off trailer and it died. Changed plugs,checked relays, checked oil. Any one else can experience this problem?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium "Megatron"
50 Posts
Oh oh! I don't know what's going on. My 2020 has over 630 miles on it now and it has not died on me...yet. Hope it doesn't! It's my first Ranger so I have little experience with them. Hope you get this issue sorted out.

·
Registered
2018 OBS Ranger 1000 Crew
15 Posts
I seriously doubt it’s going to be a compression problem so that leaves fuel and spark. Have you turned it over with a plug out and in the wire to see if you are getting g spark

·
Registered
2018 OBS Ranger 1000 Crew
15 Posts
So if you have spark then it’s a fuel issue would be my guess. Will it show any signs of life with starter fluid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it to the dealer whom I purchased from. Let them sort the warranty out hopefully.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this a 500? I just git mine back for the same issue. It is a mapping issue fir the fuel intake. They know its an issue and polaris is working on new software to fix. My dealer said its annoying but not hurting the engine at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought this rig a month ago and I was backing off trailer and it died. Changed plugs,checked relays, checked oil. Any one else can experience this problem?
My Ranger 150 did the same thing. There's a little piece of metal beside the parking brake on mine that was loose and I simply moved it around and it fired right up. Don't know the purpose of that piece but it was the culprit. When I called the dealership, they walked me through finding it and said they had that problem before as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts