Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up our first side x side 2020 XP1000, am having a hard time deciding on a windshield! I know everyone says to go with glass but I’m kind of Leary about the glass as it will mostly be used for trail riding and hunting! Anyone have any recommendations from their own experiences with same type of scenarios? Also does anyone have any experience with the Kolpin glass windshield with the vents? If that windshield were to get crack could a glass company replace the glass? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
141 Posts
I have the factory tip out glass with no problems other than adding extra seal at the top

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another vote for Polaris Tip Out glass windshield.
Its laminated glass like a car windshield. Should behave the same when hit by rocks and limbs. It is made by Taylor glass so I figure you could get a replacement without going through Polaris.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've seen where guys with the plastic windshields complained about the windshield flopping a little when trailered. Kinda like a plastic sheet in the wind. They were worried about it popping out of the frame.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another vote for Polaris Tip Out glass windshield.
Its laminated glass like a car windshield. Should behave the same when hit by rocks and limbs. It is made by Taylor glass so I figure you could get a replacement without going through Polaris.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
You can not get a replacement from Taylormade, they are under contract with Polaris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have seen a bunch of people recommend the factory tip out glass! That’s just a hard pill to swallow! Anybody have any experience with the spike power sports vented hard coat?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My own experience is with superatv full windshield great product. But I recommend getting something you can tip out. Here in TN during these summer months I find it sits off the machine more than on

·
Vendor
286 Posts
Our flip up and fold down windshields are really popular in the hunting scene, especially guys that want to hunt from the Ranger.
Fold down:
Flip up:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep I got a glass fixed screen on my 2020 and already really regret not getting a tip
out for hunting. Even if I don’t shoot out the front it’s the idea of been able to shoot out the front if the opportunity was there. Pricey yes, maybe be worth the arm but maybe not the leg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts