Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced a stress crack in the folding glass windshield top right corner? Developed overnight. No impact marks, less than 2 months old and never been on the trail. Wonder how long it will take to get a replacement and if warranty will cover it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I posted this a while back same problem !

2021 NS owners keep a eye on your windshield, you look through them , but take notice to your hinge points. My NS crew ultimate windshield broke left hinge area.
when I picked it up there was a large gap bottom left corner it was hitting the post, the dealer forced it in and said they would adjust it when I bring it in for first service. Only 12 hours of easy rideing and it broke. Called the dealer they will make it good but they did tell me they have been having a lot of windshield on 2021 NS coming in crooked and windshield shields braking.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
24 Posts

2021 NS owners keep a eye on your windshield, you look through them , but take notice to your hinge points. My NS crew ultimate windshield broke left hinge area.
when I picked it up there was a large gap bottom left corner it was hitting the post, the dealer forced it in and said they would adjust it when I bring it in for first service. Only 12 hours of easy rideing and it broke. Called the dealer they will make it good but they did tell me they have been having a lot of windshield on 2021 NS coming in crooked and windshield shields braking.

View attachment 25259
Also had a gap on my ‘20 when i got it. Had to push in on the drivers side so it would seat tight to the frame face then latch the glass shut. When I installed some roof mounted options i was able to access the upper 6 screws and slide it into a better position.

Funny how I noticed the issue was bringing it home. Front loaded on the trailer and go to back it off and the cab was full of dead mosquitoes. Luckily for me no busted glass due to that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a 2017 Ranger XP 1000 that went through 3 cracked windshields, it had the tilt out type.
Thats why I ordered the Ranger Northstar Premium with the stationary non tilt out windshield. My dealer said they had more problems with the tilt outs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a 2017 Ranger XP 1000 that went through 3 cracked windshields, it had the tilt out type.
Thats why I ordered the Ranger Northstar Premium with the stationary non tilt out windshield. My dealer said they had more problems with the tilt outs?
That's too bad that you had to change due to design/build flaw.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew NS Trail Boss
26 Posts
Mine cracked at the dealer, in the center bottom and goes all the way up.never been on the trail also, they had the windows up in the sun, not sure if that is the reason. It is being covered under warrant, I’ve been waiting a month, just got off the phone with them and no windshield yet. The dealer did mention he just had a call from someone else with a 21’ and a cracked windshield.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least it was covered under the warranty!
So far Polaris Corporate has not accepted my stress crack under warranty. They want many pictures to establish there was no outside influence that have been provided. This I understand, however, without going into detail on my background, I can say this is no doubt a stress crack example. Dont know how “Taylor Made” was selected as Polaris’s glass suplier but it may have been more from the marine side of the business. The easiest way to improve the Polaris product and reduce reoccurring failures is to make the supplier financially responsible for defects or substandard design rather than providing parts at a reduced cost. The recreation vehicle industry is gradually moving up to the automotive industry standards but they are not there yet and they write off far to much cost that is the responsibility of suppliers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone else experienced a stress crack in the folding glass windshield top right corner? Developed overnight. No impact marks, less than 2 months old and never been on the trail. Wonder how long it will take to get a replacement and if warranty will cover it. View attachment 25256 View attachment 25257
I have replaced two in my ranger xp 1000 in the last 21/2 years. Right side every time polaris replace the first one i had to pay for the second one 3 months ago.
Has anyone else experienced a stress crack in the folding glass windshield top right corner? Developed overnight. No impact marks, less than 2 months old and never been on the trail. Wonder how long it will take to get a replacement and if warranty will cover it. View attachment 25256 View attachment 25257
Taylor made will not respond ether. They must know they make a shit windshield!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on my third windshield for my 2018 Northstar. I had a tip-out windshield on my 2005 700XP. I put 50K miles on that rig and windshield with no problems. The dealer broke the original windshield on my Northstar and replaced it. The second windshield developed stress fractures exactly like the ones you demonstrated in your pictures, Exactly! I took my rig to another dealership and they told me that the second windshield had been installed incorrectly. After a several month long tribulation, the submission of multiple photos, and help from the second dealership, Polaris finally agreed to cover all materials and labor. Polaris is terrible with regard to their warranty support. Only advice I can offer is to stay on top of them, document your conversations, and keep escalating your claim up the Polaris chain of command. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I bought my 900 crew in 2016, I did a fair amount of research and people were having issues with the tilt out glass windshields back then too. I went with a plastic, fold down and have not had any issues. I will say I preferred the looks of the glass but I chose functionality over looks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have replaced two in my ranger xp 1000 in the last 21/2 years. Right side every time polaris replace the first one i had to pay for the second one 3 months ago.

Taylor made will not respond ether. They must know they make a shit windshield!!
All three on mine was in the top right corner. This will be my last Polaris if this happens on my new order!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris XP 1000 North Star Ultimate
3 Posts
I've owned my 2021 for 4 months and had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Windshield cracked for no apparent reason, top to bottom. My dealer has been very good about it, but is sounds like I may have to go through this again.
Window.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts

View attachment 25259

View attachment 25259
Had the same thing happen to my 2021 northstar. While at the dealer getting some service work done I noticed it when I went to pick it up. No problem because I have an extended warranty. Just took a couple more days to get the glass and install. Can't say enough about north end cycle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also had a gap on my ‘20 when i got it. Had to push in on the drivers side so it would seat tight to the frame face then latch the glass shut. When I installed some roof mounted options i was able to access the upper 6 screws and slide it into a better position.
Can you tell me more about how you adjusted it? My '21 has this same issue, but I can't find any adjustment in any of the mounts. Really hoping to correct it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am on my third windshield for my 2018 Northstar. I had a tip-out windshield on my 2005 700XP. I put 50K miles on that rig and windshield with no problems. The dealer broke the original windshield on my Northstar and replaced it. The second windshield developed stress fractures exactly like the ones you demonstrated in your pictures, Exactly! I took my rig to another dealership and they told me that the second windshield had been installed incorrectly. After a several month long tribulation, the submission of multiple photos, and help from the second dealership, Polaris finally agreed to cover all materials and labor. Polaris is terrible with regard to their warranty support. Only advice I can offer is to stay on top of them, document your conversations, and keep escalating your claim up the Polaris chain of command. Good Luck!
I checked for stock on the tip up window (2889031) and it shows on national backorder. So no word yet from the dealer on warranty coverage and no part available. Luckily I can still use the Ranger keeping the window closed at least until the crack gets bigger. Seems like everything is in short supply and you need to wait.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
24 Posts
Can you tell me more about how you adjusted it? My '21 has this same issue, but I can't find any adjustment in any of the mounts. Really hoping to correct it.
Thanks!
There are three screws (15) you can see from inside the glass. Those do nothing that i know for adjustment. The ones i am referring to are 16 and 2 in my picture. If installed, the liner front portion and roof front section if on a crew should come off for easiest access. Just loosen those fasteners on each side then have the glass closed and resting on the lower firewall plastic. There should be some plastic that protrudes for the glass to sort of rest on. Once the glass is sitting in a natural position snug those top 4 bolts up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are three screws (15) you can see from inside the glass. Those do nothing that i know for adjustment. The ones i am referring to are 16 and 2 in my picture. If installed, the liner front portion and roof front section if on a crew should come off for easiest access. Just loosen those fasteners on each side then have the glass closed and resting on the lower firewall plastic. There should be some plastic that protrudes for the glass to sort of rest on. Once the glass is sitting in a natural position snug those top 4 bolts up. View attachment 25301
My dealer also said they would have to remove the roof to adjust, and I am still waiting for mine to come it, like everything else it will take time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts