Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone else experienced a stress crack in the folding glass windshield top right corner? Developed overnight. No impact marks, less than 2 months old and never been on the trail. Wonder how long it will take to get a replacement and if warranty will cover it. View attachment 25256 View attachment 25257
mine did the same thing, stress cracked at the very bottom in front of driver, walked all the way up to the top within a week. Looks like they are having a lot of problems with the windshields, I was number seven at my dealership waiting for a new one. Took about three months and was covered by warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine did the same thing, stress cracked at the very bottom in front of driver, walked all the way up to the top within a week. Looks like they are having a lot of problems with the windshields, I was number seven at my dealership waiting for a new one. Took about three months and was covered by warranty.
Thats why I did not order a tip out windshield on my 2021 XP1000 NS. I went through three on my last Ranger! That was a 2017, you would think the problem would be corrected by now?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats why I did not order a tip out windshield on my 2021 XP1000 NS. I went through three on my last Ranger! That was a 2017, you would think the problem would be corrected by now?
Yup, you would think so. My tip out was standard equipment on the North Star ultimate, if mine cracks again, I will switch to the fixed windshield. I think that Polaris has abandoned any quality standards that they may have had. I bought a 2020 Crew cab ultimate and have been having all kinds of problems, Polaris does'nt sem to care..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yup, you would think so. My tip out was standard equipment on the North Star ultimate, if mine cracks again, I will switch to the fixed windshield. I think that Polaris has abandoned any quality standards that they may have had. I bought a 2020 Crew cab ultimate and have been having all kinds of problems, Polaris does'nt sem to care..
Totally agree with you. The tilt up glass window is $1,300 for the part alone without labor. Still on national backorder after 2 1/2 months wait. This one will be warranty covered but the next one, if it happens again, willl not be. I would be fine if the fix glass windshield was standard equipment on the 21 Northstar Ultimate and will likely go to that if it stress cracks again and I will be paying the bill. $31,000 for this Northstar purchase not a problem but I need it to be dependable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Finally got mine in for first service, new windshield was there and got it replaced.
brought it home, next ride was a mild one went clay shooting at a nice course smooth gravel drive around the clay range. I thought temps are nice let’s leave the windshield up no need for A/C.
at the end of day of shooting went to load machine on trailer closed windshield and dam thing was binding in same spot as when I picked it up new witch I think let to it cracking first time. would not close unless you pushed it in at lower driver side post to clear so it would shut. Took it back today and waited on it. The owner was there and they got it to clear the post but he was not happy with it as well, the reveal around the frame was not even it still needed to go more to to passenger side. Anyway he said if it does it again he’s going to bring a claim with Polari.
The quality of the new glass was Poor as well As far as the cut did not look good around it’s frame.

I did say maybe we should get a new one that has no problem, he laugh and I did as well, but if this continues………

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Finally got mine in for first service, new windshield was there and got it replaced.
brought it home, next ride was a mild one went clay shooting at a nice course smooth gravel drive around the clay range. I thought temps are nice let’s leave the windshield up no need for A/C.
at the end of day of shooting went to load machine on trailer closed windshield and dam thing was binding in same spot as when I picked it up new witch I think let to it cracking first time. would not close unless you pushed it in at lower driver side post to clear so it would shut. Took it back today and waited on it. The owner was there and they got it to clear the post but he was not happy with it as well, the reveal around the frame was not even it still needed to go more to to passenger side. Anyway he said if it does it again he’s going to bring a claim with Polari.
The quality of the new glass was Poor as well As far as the cut did not look good around it’s frame.

I did say maybe we should get a new one that has no problem, he laugh and I did as well, but if this continues………
Still waiting for my backordered tilt-up windshield 60 days. The stress crack hasnt gotten worse and have been riding but not opening the window. Given a choice when ordering my two door ‘21 Northstar Ultimate Trailboss, I would have selected the fixed glass. When on our trails, its either heavy dust, cold or hot. Given the size of the frameless window, the composition of the glass, the close tolerances and the two simple hinge points, this is a design destined to fail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my 21 Ranger Northstar ultimate in June and put on 200 soft miles. The windshield cracked in 2 spots, passenger top and bottom of wind shield. You can see the glass was not installed probly and there was a gap in the bottom right corner. Dealership is calling Polaris to see what the problem is. Any advise?

Thanks,
ss

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I received my 21 Ranger Northstar ultimate in June and put on 200 soft miles. The windshield cracked in 2 spots, passenger top and bottom of wind shield. You can see the glass was not installed probly and there was a gap in the bottom right corner. Dealership is calling Polaris to see what the problem is. Any advise?

Thanks,
ss
Dont take no for an answer. They will cover it under warranty. Dealer will need to inspect or you need to provide good pictures. The problem is the tilt up window is on national backorder. Been waiting 2 1/2 months so far for my replacement.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have about 200 rough Miles on ours, no cracks. I never ride it with it open. I did note that it does squeak from side to side quite a bit. Annoying.
Something getting loose or some you experiencing the same? Ty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine cracked at the dealer, in the center bottom and goes all the way up.never been on the trail also, they had the windows up in the sun, not sure if that is the reason. It is being covered under warrant, I’ve been waiting a month, just got off the phone with them and no windshield yet. The dealer did mention he just had a call from someone else with a 21’ and a cracked windshield.
i have a 2020 north star and getting ready for my 3 window. first time it broke it was a the dealer getting some work done and it must have broken in their parking lot. they replaced. this time i was working in my garage and pulled it out to have more room to work on things and when i went to bring it back in the window had broken from the bottom center spliting into a y and working its way up. called the dealer and they said it wasnt covered but they would replace it as a courtesy. still waiting to get in as they are moving to a new building. got a feeling if it happens again ill be paying out of pocket so ill have to switch from the automotive style glass to something else, and almost forgot i had windows up and it was warm out that day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i have a 2020 north star and getting ready for my 3 window. first time it broke it was a the dealer getting some work done and it must have broken in their parking lot. they replaced. this time i was working in my garage and pulled it out to have more room to work on things and when i went to bring it back in the window had broken from the bottom center spliting into a y and working its way up. called the dealer and they said it wasnt covered but they would replace it as a courtesy. still waiting to get in as they are moving to a new building. got a feeling if it happens again ill be paying out of pocket so ill have to switch from the automotive style glass to something else, and almost forgot i had windows up and it was warm out that day.
Mine cracked while sitting in the garage less
than 3 weeks old. The tolerances around the frame are very tight and critical. It’s a large scan of curved glass supported by struts. I never open my replacement for fear it will not seat exactly right. Given the choice I would have selected the fixed front glass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine cracked while sitting in the garage less
than 3 weeks old. The tolerances around the frame are very tight and critical. It’s a large scan of curved glass supported by struts. I never open my replacement for fear it will not seat exactly right. Given the choice I would have selected the fixed front glass.
mine is the fixed front automotive glass and it still has broken twice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Totally agree with you. The tilt up glass window is $1,300 for the part alone without labor. Still on national backorder after 2 1/2 months wait. This one will be warranty covered but the next one, if it happens again, willl not be. I would be fine if the fix glass windshield was standard equipment on the 21 Northstar Ultimate and will likely go to that if it stress cracks again and I will be paying the bill. $31,000 for this Northstar purchase not a problem but I need it to be dependable.
i have fixed glass on my 2020 and am going on my third window. im not a kid and dont drive it crazy as a matter of fact i have just barely 700 miles on it so switching to the non tilt glass probably wont solve you problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone have the rattle when driving with it open? Mine rattles at the hinges. annoying.. I asked the dealer about putting tape on the hinge pin as I heard that helped but they told me the newer ones did not need it.. My windshield was purchased in May 2022.. Part No: 2889020

21 - 36 of 36 Posts