Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me how to adjust the headlights on my 2021 NorthStar Ultimate. Low beam is where high should be, high is up in the trees. Thank You

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. One the ultimate I have located the three screws mentioned, no small fete I might add! Each post appears to have a screw which goes into a spring-loaded plastic post. This screw on the bottom two are also located is a slanted slot. I loosened the bottom screws, the light did not want to move. Am I on the right path, I don't want to break anything by forcing the light.

Thank You.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine are also high. It would seem the two bottom screws adjust the headlight left and right while the top one adjusts elevation. Is this the case?

I can't believe this is the best Polaris can come up with. Absolutely not user friendly and the instructions in their manual is a complete joke. On my ultimate the top screws are all the way in and the headlight illuminates the trees.

Am I missing something? Any Polaris mechanics in this forum that may have some suggestions, shed some practical light on this what should be an ez adjustment?
Thank You

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't think you're missing anything. My 2019 is adjusted as far down as they will go and still aim way to high. I may try to do some modifying on the headlight housing this fall when it cools off some outside. I will post a thread on it if I do.
This is what I have found in the mean time:

This improved the lighting and, the beam on these are adjustable, allowing you to set the beam A LITTLE lower to where every car I pass doesn't bright light me now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think you're missing anything. My 2019 is adjusted as far down as they will go and still aim way to high. I may try to do some modifying on the headlight housing this fall when it cools off some outside. I will post a thread on it if I do.
This is what I have found in the mean time:

This improved the lighting and, the beam on these are adjustable, allowing you to set the beam A LITTLE lower to where every car I pass doesn't bright light me now.
Thank you for your reply and the shortcut to the upgraded lamps. The NorthStar Ultimate comes from the factory with LED headlights. They may be bright, but next to impossible to adjust. I keep hoping a Polaris Tech or factory rep will chime in here and tell us the right way to adjust these head lights.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank you for your reply and the shortcut to the upgraded lamps. The NorthStar Ultimate comes from the factory with LED headlights. They may be bright, but next to impossible to adjust. I keep hoping a Polaris Tech or factory rep will chime in here and tell us the right way to adjust these head lights.
I believe under the contact us on their website there is a category for technical help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There just is not that much adjustment. My Northstar had LED's as well.
The ones in the above link are adjustable beams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I added a larger spring to mine. Works great so far. I would be embarrassed to send a machine out of the factory with the springs that were on it. One of them wasn’t even touching the headlight bracket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine are also high. It would seem the two bottom screws adjust the headlight left and right while the top one adjusts elevation. Is this the case?
I have a 2020
Can anyone please tell me how to adjust the headlights on my 2021 NorthStar Ultimate. Low beam is where high should be, high is up in the trees. Thank You
I too have the headlight aim issue. I removed the driver side fender and found 2 adj screws. One one the top and one underneath. The top one seems to be adj all the way out so when I located the one on the bottom the light moved considerably when I adjusted it. Also you can access it without Removing the fender. A t25 torx bit does the trick.
Wood Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Soil
Wood Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Soil

·
Registered
20 Posts
My turn to ask for help.
Low beams ok, highs, too high.
I can find the torx screws in the slots, though with some adjustments, no real difference with the aiming.
I can see the two spring loaded screws on the bottom of the light assembly, but can not access them. the upper spring loaded screw is maxed out tight.
How do I get to the bottom screws?
When i handle the back of the lights, I can move them up and down with little resistance so wonder how locked in place they will ever be.
So the question is how to access all the adjustment screws? And what to do with them at that time?
And others just wedge in a piece of foam. Is this the best way?
Thanks.
Bill Z

·
Registered
20 Posts
Using the polaris instructions for installing the led upgrade headlights, I now understand the mounting screws and how to access their location.
I will install longer screws and springs to adjust things.
Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts