Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that the little green light that turns on when the AC is switched on, wasn't turning on. The blower is certainly blowing. But the air is certainly not cool/cold. Wondering how I should go about troubleshooting. Have an appointment with the dealer a month out, but it'll be 95-100 degrees outside between now and then. Would rather fix it myself.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
225 Posts
Look under the center of the dash (and i think you can see it through the shifter slot) for a red light that turns on after a few seconds after the center ac switch is turned on. If not go into the cluster menu and grab any available diagnostic codes.

·
Registered
2022 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
126 Posts
My green light turns on but my ac does not seem cold, more like just air. I have a 2022 northstar. Wondering if I should take to dealer, anyone else have same opinion of theirs? I’m also coming from a John Deere gator 835R and the heat/ac in those is better than my new Silverado, so maybe I have too high of expectations/wants lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Today I noticed that the little green light that turns on when the AC is switched on, wasn't turning on. The blower is certainly blowing. But the air is certainly not cool/cold. Wondering how I should go about troubleshooting. Have an appointment with the dealer a month out, but it'll be 95-100 degrees outside between now and then. Would rather fix it myself.
This same issue happened to me a week ago. If you take out the two lower screws on the center switch panel, you can pull it out enough to see were the wire plugs into that switch. Mine had come unplugged. I reconnected it and it worked fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Family has 4 21-22 Northstars. Every one came to us low on Freon. Dealers repaired 2 under warranty. Other 2 dealers just shrugged. Ours was refilled last year after mechanic broke a hose during a repair. Used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Seemed a little lacking. Planning on checking Freon level next week as we may have a slow leak.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Northstar Premium
115 Posts
I also have a 2022 XP 1000 NorthStar and the air conditioning is extremely disappointing and it isn't even hot yet. What happened to the new and improved cooling? Visit to the dealer soon to see if they can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My green light turns on but my ac does not seem cold, more like just air. I have a 2022 northstar. Wondering if I should take to dealer, anyone else have same opinion of theirs? I’m also coming from a John Deere gator 835R and the heat/ac in those is better than my new Silverado, so maybe I have too high of expectations/wants lol
I had the same issue the day after I took delivery with the same machine. Six weeks later, they replaced the HVAC lines and all is well. I never got an explanation what was wrong. Initially they told me it would be 4 months to get the parts. I had already waited 7 months just to get the damn thing to begin with. Anyway Polaris took care of it and I’m happy. Best of luck getting the parts to repair it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 22 Northstar AC doesn't work either. First hot day and nothing but hot air. But also has an oil leak that I took it in for before. It got worse and this time they found it. Block is cracked under oil filter. But I told them to check air conditioner also. If they put in a new motor and then have to change compressor have to pull engine again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This same issue happened to me a week ago. If you take out the two lower screws on the center switch panel, you can pull it out enough to see were the wire plugs into that switch. Mine had come unplugged. I reconnected it and it worked fine.
This was the fix for for me. And it took only 5 mins. Two little black pop rivets below the center cluster (ac nobs). Popped them out and the whole center cluster falls out. I pushed on the connector it the little green light turned on. The ac seems to be working now. No trip to the shop for me now! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
After my green light stopped coming on I kinda freaked out and I took the side belt cover off to check the belt. Everything looks fine. I then called the dealer and he told me about the 2 body rivets and pulling off the dash cover. Sure enough the plug came loose. Secured the plug and just like that my green light came on and AC is restored!!! What a relief.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts