Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on a loud and great sounding soundbar that allows Bluetooth. 2021 full size with front and rear windows and need to keep rear view mirror. Who has a sound bar installed and like it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also been constantly searching for a reasonably priced solution. The MB stuff is insanely expensive. May just find a high end bluetooth speaker from amazon and figure out a way to mount it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I made this pretty easily. Under $100. Just removed the drink holders and used 1/4" hdpe for the radio and speakers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Music was #1 on the wife’s wishlist for the buggy, so I installed this for Christmas.

I went with a MTX MUDSYS46. It just barely fit inside the roll cage at the rear- I actually had to modify the mounting bracket by about 3/16” on each side. Head clearance may be a little close for some, but it works for us. I’m right at 6’, and, if I unnaturally stretch upright at the back of the seat, I still have about 2” clearance.

For inputs, it has BT, AM/FM, USB and 3.5mm. For output, it has RCA and a 12v signal wire to switch on the relay for a remote powered speaker/amp etc.

The main reason I went with it was for the speaker size. I saw lots of options for “10 speaker”(or whatever) systems, but it was 10 1.5” speakers. This has 4x 6.5” full-range drivers.

I’m not an audiophile, but I do know enough to know that you have to move some air if you want anything approaching full sound... especially right next to a motorcycle engine. Those 10-speaker sound bars end up with something like 17.5 sq/in of cone, whereas the 4x6.5s is over 130 sq/in. A “pair of 10s”, for reference would be 157 sq/in, so this has the potential to make some noise.

A short-term review:
At $425, I would definitely buy it again. Sound is good, not great, but still better than any motorcycle/ATV sound system I’ve heard. It’s plenty loud enough to hear over the engine without maxing out the volume, even with an open cab. All-weather cones have come a long way, but they’ll never be as good as the speakers in a conventional automotive system.

The radio reception is good, even without an add on antenna. It’s got a connector to accept one if needed. Tuning and saving stations is EXCRUCIATING, but the instruction manual kinda sucks so I may be missing something.

The BT is stable and connects right away. For some reason, the BT channel seems quieter than the radio. I’ll eventually try the USB in to see if that’s any better.

The built in dome light is a nice plus, and serves the purpose perfectly well. Also, the 41” and 46” models include a pair of mesh pouches to hold your phone or a HD filled with MP3s.

Build quality is good-to-excellent. The body is a long plastic extrusion, and all of the components are accessible in case you ever need to take it apart (which I did... because I’m me).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just like you I just want some tunes without breaking the bank. So I bought some elastic Velcro straps on Amazon for 10$ and I took a Bluetooth speaker I already had and strapped it to the center roll bar on my crew. Works perfectly! This also allows me to take it out and go if I plan to walk away and want to take the tunes with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts