Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I need some help. I am very interested in the 2021 Ranger XP 1000 Crew. I am familiar with the Rangers & Pioneers. My wife and I went to the local Polaris dealership and they sell the Can Am also I just became interested in Defender HD 10 Max due to the fact the seats are a lot more comfortable than the Polaris’s! So that has me interested in the defender and my question is; How does the Can-Am defender HD 10 max compare to the Polaris ranger XP 1000 crew in ride comfort? I’m in my 50s and so is my wife and even though I do enjoy having a fast machine it is more about the comfort now. We will be doing soft to medium trail riding in the Tn mountains areas. Any help in this area will be gratefully appreciated. Look forward to hearing from yalls input.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comment. Do you mind if I ask why you would go with the Defender? Is it the ride, power, durability or all the above. Lol. I appreciate any info I can get

·
Super Moderator
2,451 Posts
The Crew Defenders have Visco Lok which doesn't lock up like the Polaris Hilliard unit so that could be something to consider according to the difficulty of the trails you plan on riding.
The only defender that has Smart Lok is the single seat mud runner.
But they are good vehicles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I e been reading on that. That is the one drawback that is keeping me thinking of the Ranger. But then I know my wife likes the comfort of the seats in the defender. I believe her comfort may outweigh the Visco Lok. Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quality, less problems i believe.

I have a 16 900xp eps .

But the new defender really looks well built. Know a mechanic at shop that sells Polaris, can am and Kawasaki.

He says less problems with defender .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read that numerous dealers that sell both makes choose the Defender over the Ranger. The dealer I will purchase the sxs from my salesman and all 3 of the Parts & service Guys I spoke to chose the Defender. It seems to be the obvious choice is the Defender.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in for a northstar, and in ultimate option it has 29" tires. Also many improvements have been made for 2021. Im going with the polaris.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: Well........After much deliberation over the Ranger and Defender......I went with the Ranger. I put a deposit on a Ranger Crew 1000 XP Trail Boss this past Saturday. I’m hoping to get it late February or March some time. Our dealership had a regular cab Trail Boss come in and my wife really liked it. I’m really glad she did. I’m really familiar with the Polaris and I feel really good getting it, when it gets here. Lol. So whenever it gets here, I will post some pics of our new baby!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update: Well........After much deliberation over the Ranger and Defender......I went with the Ranger. I put a deposit on a Ranger Crew 1000 XP Trail Boss this past Saturday. I’m hoping to get it late February or March some time. Our dealership had a regular cab Trail Boss come in and my wife really liked it. I’m really glad she did. I’m really familiar with the Polaris and I feel really good getting it, when it gets here. Lol. So whenever it gets here, I will post some pics of our new baby!!!
I have a Polaris Ranger Crew Trail Boss since the day after thanksgiving, love the machine! Added poly roof, front tip out glass front and glass rear windshield along with a Polaris heater! Have the MB Quart audio visor and rear speakers on order. So much fun and no issues!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dadeano: Congrats on the new Trail Boss. I will be adding the same options with the exception of the heater. One question for you. Did it come with a winch. That is another option I will add if it doesn’t come with one. Also. I did not realize how many times I used the word “really” in my earlier post. Lol. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dadeano: Congrats on the new Trail Boss. I will be adding the same options with the exception of the heater. One question for you. Did it come with a winch. That is another option I will add if it doesn’t come with one. Also. I did not realize how many times I used the word “really” in my earlier post. Lol. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
Does not come with a winch, I will be adding that at sometime myself!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. That’s what my salesman told me when I asked about it. I was just curious if yours came with one. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update.....My salesman says my Trail Boss is in Pre-Order status now, Waiting for approval from Polaris. I guess that means to send one to my dealer location. But anyway. I’m one step closer to getting it. I’m starting to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update.....My salesman says my Trail Boss is in Pre-Order status now, Waiting for approval from Polaris. I guess that means to send one to my dealer location. But anyway. I’m one step closer to getting it. I’m starting to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive.
I pre-ordered a 3 seat Trail Boss one day after you. Dealer telling me should have confirmation by 3/1 and if approved by Polaris, it should be delivered roughly eight weeks later. Grim news was the dealer telling me my chances of getting it were only about 50/50.

it’s been a challenge so far. Early January my dealer told me they were available. My deposit was on his desk and he was plugging my personal information into his computer when suddenly it popped up the Trail Boss was unavailable. Me, wishing I’d stopped in there before lunch instead of after. Crap.

My Hero’s is discount expiring at the end of the month so stopped in to order a Ranger XP and was told the Trail Boss was again available so the order was placed. I’d love to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas but honestly, right now, my fingers are crossed just hoping my ju ju is good.

Please keep us informed of the progress of your Trail Boss crew. I sure could use a ray of sunshine.

Kind regards,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pre-ordered a 3 seat Trail Boss one day after you. Dealer telling me should have confirmation by 3/1 and if approved by Polaris, it should be delivered roughly eight weeks later. Grim news was the dealer telling me my chances of getting it were only about 50/50.

it’s been a challenge so far. Early January my dealer told me they were available. My deposit was on his desk and he was plugging my personal information into his computer when suddenly it popped up the Trail Boss was unavailable. Me, wishing I’d stopped in there before lunch instead of after. Crap.

My Hero’s is discount expiring at the end of the month so stopped in to order a Ranger XP and was told the Trail Boss was again available so the order was placed. I’d love to feel like a kid waiting for Christmas but honestly, right now, my fingers are crossed just hoping my ju ju is good.

Please keep us informed of the progress of your Trail Boss crew. I sure could use a ray of sunshine.

Kind regards,
After reading your reply, I went into small panic mode. I’m also getting the Heroes Discount & 2 year warranty. So I called my salesman quickly. Lol. He said he would check with the sales manager in the morning and have him look up the status I am in with Polaris. (The manager is off on Thursdays. Which I already knew). But he believes since I put a deposit down on it the Heroes program should be honored. He will confirm that also for me in the morning. So I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a Polaris Ranger Crew Trail Boss since the day after thanksgiving, love the machine! Added poly roof, front tip out glass front and glass rear windshield along with a Polaris heater! Have the MB Quart audio visor and rear speakers on order. So much fun and no issues!
How is the Polaris Brand Poly roof and windshield? Are you trailering it and are the roof & windshield holding up? I am leaning heavily to installing that set up when mine gets here. Do you like that set up and would you recommend it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
After reading your reply, I went into small panic mode. I’m also getting the Heroes Discount & 2 year warranty. So I called my salesman quickly. Lol. He said he would check with the sales manager in the morning and have him look up the status I am in with Polaris. (The manager is off on Thursdays. Which I already knew). But he believes since I put a deposit down on it the Heroes program should be honored. He will confirm that also for me in the morning. So I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.
I pray I didn’t take the shine off your day by putting you into panic mode.
I didn’t know the Hero’s program could move you to the front of the line but sure hope it’s true!
Yes, please keep keep me updated and I will do the same.

Kind regards,

1 - 20 of 57 Posts