Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I pray I didn’t take the shine off your day by putting you into panic mode.
I didn’t know the Hero’s program could move you to the front of the line but sure hope it’s true!
Yes, please keep keep me updated and I will do the same.

Kind regards,
I don’t believe it moves us up to the front of the line. I believe he is saying they should honor the Heroes program since we have deposits on our bikes during the Heroes promotion. I’m assuming it will still take the ordinary amount of time to get them. Hopefully I get some insight tomorrow. I will let you know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t believe it moves us up to the front of the line. I believe he is saying they should honor the Heroes program since we have deposits on our bikes during the Heroes promotion. I’m assuming it will still take the ordinary amount of time to get them. Hopefully I get some insight tomorrow. I will let you know.
Living in the Northern Sierras where all the back roads are under a thick blanket of snow I’m not that interested in speedy delivery. Late May or early June would work fine.

My only real wish is Polaris will commit to building a Ranger Trail Boss with my name on it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Living in the Northern Sierras where all the back roads are under a thick blanket of snow I’m not that interested in speedy delivery. Late May or early June would work fine.

My only real wish is Polaris will commit to building a Ranger Trail Boss with my name on it.
I hear you on that. I talked to my salesman twice today and he is working on getting me a confirmation in reference to the Heroes program being honored even after the February deadline. I sent him the Polaris Heroes verification coupon with my promo codes on it so they can put it into the computer with my Trail Boss order. He said they are almost sure they will honor it seeing how they have my deposit and already cashed the check to ensure I get the first one available at our dealership. He did tell me I am first in line here for the Trail Boss. So the wait game continues but I’m not complaining. Just looking forward to the delivery of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I made a copy of the verification letter Polaris emailed me with the long Hero‘s number on it and gave it to the dealer when I ordered mine. I have no clue if they included that number with my order but tomorrow, I’m going to find out. It would seem a tall order to expect Polaris to honor it if it wasn’t entered into their computer system by the dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I looked at Polaris XP, Honda Pioneer, CanAm Defender XT10 and Yamaha Wolverine. I really thought my preference would be in this order. Honda, Yamaha, CanAm, and then Polaris. Wrong!

Honda- No storage and very little foot room. Build quality seemed poor, doors lose as well as tailgate.
Yamaha- Made for smaller people, just not comfortable
CanAm- I Liked it but it was so tall my wife would need a running board. Loved the storage
Polaris- Most cab foot room and not as tall so my wife could get in easier.

i got the XP but it’s been too old to really try it out. Runs very quiet, shifts gears smooth and only time will tell if it is reliable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My reasoning for choosing Polaris is there is a local dealer with a good reputation.

Parts or service for any other brand would involve a road trip to Reno which is a 160 mile round trip, half a tank of gas and the better part of an afternoon. Polaris also offers a hero’s reward program which knocks a grand off purchase price and adds an additional year of warranty.

It all seems like good common sense to go Polaris.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I looked at Polaris XP, Honda Pioneer, CanAm Defender XT10 and Yamaha Wolverine. I really thought my preference would be in this order. Honda, Yamaha, CanAm, and then Polaris. Wrong!

Honda- No storage and very little foot room. Build quality seemed poor, doors lose as well as tailgate.
Yamaha- Made for smaller people, just not comfortable
CanAm- I Liked it but it was so tall my wife would need a running board. Loved the storage
Polaris- Most cab foot room and not as tall so my wife could get in easier.

i got the XP but it’s been too old to really try it out. Runs very quiet, shifts gears smooth and only time will tell if it is reliable.
I started out with a Polaris 400 atv approx. 20 years ago. A bunch of my hunting buddies have the Rangers. So I’m familiar with Polaris and have nothing but good things to say about Polaris
A couple of my buddies that wanted SXS within the last year went with the Honda Pioneer. I started out looking at the Pioneers at their urging. I quickly made up my mind that wasn’t the SXS for me & my wife. We want a crew and the Pioneer 5 seater wasn’t going to cut it. So I shot down to our Polaris dealership and looked at the Ranger & Defender. I started to go with the Defender but my gut told me to stick with a proven product. So I’m going with the Ranger.
I’m happy with the decision and can’t wait for the Trail Boss to come in. It’s worth the wait to get what you really want. Keep us updated on your new ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I started out with a Polaris 400 atv approx. 20 years ago. A bunch of my hunting buddies have the Rangers. So I’m familiar with Polaris and have nothing but good things to say about Polaris
A couple of my buddies that wanted SXS within the last year went with the Honda Pioneer. I started out looking at the Pioneers at their urging. I quickly made up my mind that wasn’t the SXS for me & my wife. We want a crew and the Pioneer 5 seater wasn’t going to cut it. So I shot down to our Polaris dealership and looked at the Ranger & Defender. I started to go with the Defender but my gut told me to stick with a proven product. So I’m going with the Ranger.
I’m happy with the decision and can’t wait for the Trail Boss to come in. It’s worth the wait to get what you really want. Keep us updated on your new ride.
Indeed Sportshot, please keep us posted.

For me this is sort of a grand experiment. I have never owned a UTV., have never sat in one and honestly, I don’t think I’ve even heard one run.

Locally I’m in the middle of millions of acres of National Forest. Most of the roads were engineered for big rig logging trucks and my Tacoma can go almost anywhere But I’ve been spending big chunks of summer time retirement exploring some of the thousands of Nevada’s old mining camps and ghost towns.

It’s a whole ‘nother story over there. Many of those roads were built by hand for wagons usually taking the path of least resistance which might be up a drywash and the Tacoma not so good. I’ve looked at plenty of places I was unwilling to attempt with the truck leaving walking as the only option. One thing about Nevada... Rattlesnakes are often included in the vacation package but shade is not. I’ll find myself looking up the trail climbing the mountain thinking ewww... that looks miserable!! And then notice the UTV tracks of people who had driven in and out.

I‘m thinking narrow, short wheelbase and high ground clearance will be the hot ticket. If nothing else it should be a heck of a lot of fun bombing around the desert.

Hopefully, we shall see. C’mon Polaris!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Indeed Sportshot, please keep us posted.

For me this is sort of a grand experiment. I have never owned a UTV., have never sat in one and honestly, I don’t think I’ve even heard one run.

Locally I’m in the middle of millions of acres of National Forest. Most of the roads were engineered for big rig logging trucks and my Tacoma can go almost anywhere But I’ve been spending big chunks of summer time retirement exploring some of the thousands of Nevada’s old mining camps and ghost towns.

It’s a whole ‘nother story over there. Many of those roads were built by hand for wagons usually taking the path of least resistance which might be up a drywash and the Tacoma not so good. I’ve looked at plenty of places I was unwilling to attempt with the truck leaving walking as the only option. One thing about Nevada... Rattlesnakes are often included in the vacation package but shade is not. I’ll find myself looking up the trail climbing the mountain thinking ewww... that looks miserable!! And then notice the UTV tracks of people who had driven in and out.

I‘m thinking narrow, short wheelbase and high ground clearance will be the hot ticket. If nothing else it should be a heck of a lot of fun bombing around the desert.

Hopefully, we shall see. C’mon Polaris!
Buddy....Sounds like you will definitely be enjoying your new ride. I would love to trail ride seeing those old towns. That would be a blast!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buddy....Sounds like you will definitely be enjoying your new ride. I would love to trail ride seeing those old towns. That would be a blast!!!
If you ever get the notion and the time off all can be worked out.

Nevada is incredibly vast. Upwards 80% of the state is public lands and there are literally thousands of miles of double track roads. Not hard to get a long, long ways from civilization.

On a positive note, talked to my dealer Saturday. He tells me that the factory sales rep told him he was “fairly certain” Polaris would be able to deliver my Trail Boss. Nothing carved in stone yet but sounds much more optimistic than the 50/50 chance I had last week.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If you ever get the notion and the time off all can be worked out.

Nevada is incredibly vast. Upwards 80% of the state is public lands and there are literally thousands of miles of double track roads. Not hard to get a long, long ways from civilization.

On a positive note, talked to my dealer Saturday. He tells me that the factory sales rep told him he was “fairly certain” Polaris would be able to deliver my Trail Boss. Nothing carved in stone yet but sounds much more optimistic than the 50/50 chance I had last week.
I agree. Fairly certain is a lot better than 50/50 in my book. I never knew Nevada had that much public lands. Your in trail riding paradise. It may take a few years but my wife & I plan on doing a lot of traveling in the future. Would love to make Nevada trail riding on our traveling plans.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can speak from experience on both machines. I wish I kept my 2017 Can Am Defender XT 1000 over my 2019 Northstar XP 1000. Can Am is a much more reliable machine. I traded for the full cab with heat, air and ride command. I have a new thread on here with my problems with the Ranger. This is my 2nd Polaris. 1st was a 2015 570 full size which was also a pile of problems. I gave Polaris a 2nd chance and I regret it so far.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I can speak from experience on both machines. I wish I kept my 2017 Can Am Defender XT 1000 over my 2019 Northstar XP 1000. Can Am is a much more reliable machine. I traded for the full cab with heat, air and ride command. I have a new thread on here with my problems with the Ranger. This is my 2nd Polaris. 1st was a 2015 570 full size which was also a pile of problems. I gave Polaris a 2nd chance and I regret it so far.
Thank you for your feedback. I hate to hear that your having problems with your North Star and the Polaris shop not being able to correct the issues. I went and read your post. At the end you said the following about your North Star: “I’m thinking about trading it on a Kubota, John Deere, Honda, Kawasaki Mule, or even back to a Can Am.” Is the Can Am not that good either to make you want to look at the other brands? While making my decision to go with the Polaris, I went to the Can Am websites & Forums also. They too have owners complaining about the Can Ams and how they should have stayed or went with the Polaris, or another brand. I do like the Defenders but I know more about the Rangers and feel comfortable about my decision to purchase one. I appreciate your feedback on the Polaris and Polaris not willing to fix your issue. I pray that I get a non issue Ranger. The funny thing is, I was went by my dealership twice in the last two weeks and both times they are receiving large shipments of Can-Am’s. Hardly nothing in the Polaris line.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thank you for your feedback. I hate to hear that your having problems with your North Star and the Polaris shop not being able to correct the issues. I went and read your post. At the end you said the following about your North Star: “I’m thinking about trading it on a Kubota, John Deere, Honda, Kawasaki Mule, or even back to a Can Am.” Is the Can Am not that good either to make you want to look at the other brands? While making my decision to go with the Polaris, I went to the Can Am websites & Forums also. They too have owners complaining about the Can Ams and how they should have stayed or went with the Polaris, or another brand. I do like the Defenders but I know more about the Rangers and feel comfortable about my decision to purchase one. I appreciate your feedback on the Polaris and Polaris not willing to fix your issue. I pray that I get a non issue Ranger. The funny thing is, I was went by my dealership twice in the last two weeks and both times they are receiving large shipments of Can-Am’s. Hardly nothing in the Polaris line.
Meaning. I can’t wait for a shipment of Polaris’s to roll in with mine also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My wife doesn’t understand the clutch transmissions in the machines. She liked the Polaris went without lag when she gives it gas. Can am just have to rev slightly more and can am seemed to like a couple min warm up in temps below 30. Nothing major. I may go back with can am. It was a great running machine. Seats are way better in can am too. I think the can am engine is also better. It’s a lot quieter. I would venture to say the Polaris 4 wheel drive is slightly better IMO. But the can am turf mode is better

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Update on my Trail Boss: My salesman called about an hour ago and Polaris moved my status from Pre-Order to Accepted Order. ! One step closer!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
My wife doesn’t understand the clutch transmissions in the machines. She liked the Polaris went without lag when she gives it gas. Can am just have to rev slightly more and can am seemed to like a couple min warm up in temps below 30. Nothing major. I may go back with can am. It was a great running machine. Seats are way better in can am too. I think the can am engine is also better. It’s a lot quieter. I would venture to say the Polaris 4 wheel drive is slightly better IMO. But the can am turf mode is better
I do like the Can Am seats. That was the one thing I kept thinking about while deciding. They are a little more form fitting for comfort in my opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Researching anything before purchase inevitably finds negatives and positives about whatever your going to buy. I have never found anything with 100% positive reviews.

Polaris is by far the best selling off road equipment manufacturer so there is many more of them out in service for people to complain about. Bad reviews are out there for everything you purchase. Whatever anyone purchases your personal experience may or may not be the same as someone else’s.

Polaris continues to improve their products when issues are found. CanAm also seems to be constantly working on bettering their products. Honda has done very little to fix the well known issues with the Pioneers because that’s the way Honda operates their car business. They seem to take a long time to make changes

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Researching anything before purchase inevitably finds negatives and positives about whatever your going to buy. I have never found anything with 100% positive reviews.

Polaris is by far the best selling off road equipment manufacturer so there is many more of them out in service for people to complain about. Bad reviews are out there for everything you purchase. Whatever anyone purchases your personal experience may or may not be the same as someone else’s.

Polaris continues to improve their products when issues are found. CanAm also seems to be constantly working on bettering their products. Honda has done very little to fix the well known issues with the Pioneers because that’s the way Honda operates their car business. They seem to take a long time to make changes
I agree. The way I approach it is get and stay with the brand you like. I’ve always liked Ford trucks and the last truck I had for 18 years was a 2001 F150 crew cab 4 x 4 lariat and it had close to 300,000 miles before the engine gave out on me. The only other mechanical problem I had with it was replacing the AC. So I bought a 2019 Ford F150 crew cab lariat and have had a couple of issues already with the eco boost. But the issues were addressed and fixed. I love the truck. What I’m getting at if you really like the brand you have sometimes you’re going to have to work on them but you feel good about it when it’s up and running good. With the popularity of Polaris, it being a leading brand, being already familiar and comfortable with it helped me with choosing the Ranger.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
296 Posts
When one brand sells gobs more than another the popular brand will have more complaints. It is a mathematical certainty. Then browse reviews for anything sold in large quantities online. You will quickly find those people who can mess up a rubber band and complain it's the rubber band's fault.

Not saying anyone here is that way, but those people are out there.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts