Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I'm new here and new to the polaris ranger. I have a 2021 ranger 1000. On the rear of the cab, when I lift the bed, there is a 2 wire connector that is capped. I am wanting to utilize this factory connection but am having a hard time finding any information this connector. Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

harness for rear back up lights. I like the eagle eye inconspicuous and very bright. Can use any light or led cubes. I ordered the backup harness from eBay. Plugs right into connector

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that one and my intention was to use that for back up lights. This is the one I need help with.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
24 Posts
That connector should be the one used for the in cab rear pulse bar. There should be battery (red) ,ground (black), orange/white (ignition), and lt blue (spare circuit under center of dash). Hope this helps. Link to the installation instructions below.

That isn't a 2 pin connector though. Do you also have questions on another one? There are a couple of two pin connectors in the rear which are generally unused.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is perfect. When I first looked I only saw the 2 wires but now see more. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2021 NS Crew ultimate was Pre wired to the roof pulse bus bar and all I had was ignition 12v on the two load pins in the ceiling unit. Be curious to know if your plug in the engine compartment is wired the same.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
24 Posts
My 2021 NS Crew ultimate was Pre wired to the roof pulse bus bar and all I had was ignition 12v on the two load pins in the ceiling unit. Be curious to know if your plug in the engine compartment is wired the same.
Look near where the wires enter the back wall. There is a sealed relay pinned (maybe loose) near that location. Polaris decided that the wires up there needed to be ignition hot vs. the same way it is under the hood. When i set up my roof wiring i wanted some stuff to be able to turn on with the key off. There are ways around that but i have grown to live with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe the one on the very back is actually for the Northstar Camera to plug into though everyone uses it for reverse lights. Hence why it stays hot for a few seconds when you go out of reverse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts