Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2021 XP 1000 Crew Texas Edition to my dealer for it's first 100 hour service today. They told me that Polaris had a recall and will add the "wireless" remote winch control at no cost ..and would I like the upgrade. Mine came standard with the 4500# winch.

It had only the dash "in / out switch, on the left side panel below the head light switch. Now .. I have both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, I had read on here that the Ultimate should come with the wireless controller. Dealer asked me to call Polaris CS about it. Called and they sent me the controller. I had to install it, but not a big deal.

·
Registered
'21 Northstar Ult, '15 Midsize, '05 XP (retired in 2020)
16 Posts
I got a letter from Polaris last night with instructions on how to get a wireless winch remote. They can send it to you or your dealer can get it and install at no cost. The offer was "inspired by feedback from dealers and customers".

A wired or wireless remote is a must! Having had to put my Northstar back on all fours by leaning through the window to operate the dash switch made a sketchy situation even worse.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received same letter yesterday. It seems any Ranger that came standard with the Polaris 4500# winch and dash switch only .. will be upgraded to the wireless winch control gratis.

They'll send you the parts, if you don't want to go to dealer or dealer will install for free .. parts and labor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my 2021 XP 1000 Crew Texas Edition to my dealer for it's first 100 hour service today. They told me that Polaris had a recall and will add the "wireless" remote winch control at no cost ..and would I like the upgrade. Mine came standard with the 4500# winch.

It had only the dash "in / out switch, on the left side panel below the head light switch. Now .. I have both.
I just received my 2021 NS and it came with the wireless remote. The dealer mentioned the recall

·
Registered
57 Posts
I installed mine about 3 weeks ago. Be aware If you have a NorthStar Ultimate the install instructions are totally wrong. They tell you to open the dash and connect the controller below the Ride Command unit . Not true at all ...it connects up front on the winch wiring plug and play

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed mine about 3 weeks ago. Be aware If you have a NorthStar Ultimate the install instructions are totally wrong. They tell you to open the dash and connect the controller below the Ride Command unit . Not true at all ...it connects up front on the winch wiring plug and play
Max, I respectfully disagree, I have the ultimate also and was able to find the connection under the Ride Command unit. Had to do a little digging around the air ducts, but it is there. I didn't think to try anything around the winch itself, but prefer to hide wires whenever possible. I think there are too many wires exposed around the winch the way it is. Only posting this in case someone else opens up the dash.

I have only used the remote one time so far, but it worked good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well maybe you are right I agree it would be nice to connect under the dash ...but when I had mine open there was nothing there and I looked everywhere I even removed more of the dash .
I then called my dealer and the service manager told me it was supposed to plug into the wire harness on the winch and depending on the model the locations are different

1 - 11 of 11 Posts