Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I just wanted to say hello from the Black Hills of South Dakota and to share the into about my new ride.

5 months and 2 weeks from order date to delivery. A long wait but worth it. I feel that the dealer treated us very well. $27250 for the Ranger (not including tax & license)

So far we like the new rig (the Lab loves the back seat). The only part I am unhappy with is that the A/C can't keep up with the heat inside the cab and the interior noise is a bit annoying with the windows rolled up.

I added the XTC kit with the self canceling turn signals to make it street legal. XTC street legal kit
Tossed in a set of floor mats (similar to weathertech mats) to catch the snow this winter.
Added the ThumberFab rear bumper with back-up lights (warning, it does prevent the bed from going all the way up) Thumper-Fab bumper
Installed Grizzz-Tek rear guards to keep debris from piling up in the cavities behind the cab (Great invention!) grizzz-tek
I have a set of 2022 OEM Polaris exterior mirrors ordered. Once they arrive I'll decide it I want to install them or the set of Seizmik mirrors that are sitting on the work bench. 2022 OEM Polaris mirrors Seizmik Pursuit side mirror kit
A new Western Impact "V" plow is scheduled to be installed on 9-24-21 Western Impact UTV plows
I am going to have the windows tinted...hopefully that will help with the A/C issue a bit.
I may add some heat shield/sound deadening material a bit later this fall.Will likely order a set of heavy duty seat covers from coversandcamo.com

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum Neil from the eastern side of the state. I gotta get out there and cruise your trails…i hear they are awesome.

I will say tint helped out a ton with my crew even though i still need to get the windshield done in some form of clear. Do agree the lab loves to take a cruise and she used to hate car rides. Grizzteks are certainly awesome. Search for sound deadening on here or other forums if you’re on them. Seem some guys go wild installing stuff like that and felt it wasn’t worth the time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've ridden in the Black Hills many times, but never went UTVing there. I haven't seen the entire country, but a lot of it, and the Black Hills is the most beautiful area that I've been to by far. I've got a '21 NorthStar Ultimate 3 seat ordered (June 8th), but I'm still waiting for mine to come in, with no end in sight. I doubt I'll see mine before the New Year. I love your color choice. I wanted that as well, but the other half wanted the matte navy, so I let her have her way. I screwed up and ordered the Polaris snow blade, with hydraulic lift and angle, and now wish I'd have skipped that and ordered the Boss V plow for it. The funny thing is, I own a snow removal company, and all of my trucks have Boss blades on them. But when I ordered the NS, I didn't think about ordering a Boss V blade for it. I wish I would have now. I may end up selling the Polaris blade when I do get it an go with the V instead.

Did adding the bumper skew your rear camera's view?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did adding the bumper skew your rear camera's view?
The bumper did indeed mess up the camera view. It didn't make it useless, but there is definitely a big black line across the center of the screen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Neil from the eastern side of the state. I gotta get out there and cruise your trails…i hear they are awesome.

I will say tint helped out a ton with my crew even though i still need to get the windshield done in some form of clear. Do agree the lab loves to take a cruise and she used to hate car rides. Grizzteks are certainly awesome. Search for sound deadening on here or other forums if you’re on them. Seem some guys go wild installing stuff like that and felt it wasn’t worth the time.
Thanks for the heads up on the tint & the sound deadening material. If I add any, it will be the easy to reach spots (like under the rear seat & seat compartments and the front firewall area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking rig you have there. I can attest to the window tint making a HUGE difference in the cabin temps. However, I have not tried anything for sound deadening and have yet to hear anyone say it was worth it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Recommend the brush bumper. Mine already has a number of scraps. Saves the front end. Also, I added SuperATV Heavy Duty Nerf bars. Have already hit mine a few times. They cost less than half a new door and look cool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I just wanted to say hello from the Black Hills of South Dakota and to share the into about my new ride.

5 months and 2 weeks from order date to delivery. A long wait but worth it. I feel that the dealer treated us very well. $27250 for the Ranger (not including tax & license)

So far we like the new rig (the Lab loves the back seat). The only part I am unhappy with is that the A/C can't keep up with the heat inside the cab and the interior noise is a bit annoying with the windows rolled up.

I added the XTC kit with the self canceling turn signals to make it street legal. XTC street legal kit
Tossed in a set of floor mats (similar to weathertech mats) to catch the snow this winter.
Added the ThumberFab rear bumper with back-up lights (warning, it does prevent the bed from going all the way up) Thumper-Fab bumper
Installed Grizzz-Tek rear guards to keep debris from piling up in the cavities behind the cab (Great invention!) grizzz-tek
I have a set of 2022 OEM Polaris exterior mirrors ordered. Once they arrive I'll decide it I want to install them or the set of Seizmik mirrors that are sitting on the work bench. 2022 OEM Polaris mirrors Seizmik Pursuit side mirror kit
A new Western Impact "V" plow is scheduled to be installed on 9-24-21 Western Impact UTV plows
I am going to have the windows tinted...hopefully that will help with the A/C issue a bit.
I may add some heat shield/sound deadening material a bit later this fall.Will likely order a set of heavy duty seat covers from coversandcamo.com

View attachment 25839

Greetings from former resident Paha Sapa.

Hopefully still plenty cool places nobody has put houses on or the tourists found.

·
Registered
86 Posts

View attachment 25839
I was told last week my 2022 XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew Cab (pursuit camo) is set for delivery end of October. I can't wait. I was told th 22 is same as 21 except for an upgraded HVAC. Hopefully they fixed the issues you have.
How are the seat covers? Do they fit well? I want some for the back...have front from my 3 seat NS. Do the floor mats fit ok??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told last week my 2022 XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew Cab (pursuit camo) is set for delivery end of October. I can't wait. I was told th 22 is same as 21 except for an upgraded HVAC. Hopefully they fixed the issues you have.
Congratulation on your new rig.

That would be "just my luck" that they improved the A/C with the next year model! I have an appointment at the end of this month to have tint applied to the windows, hopefully that helps some.

It looks like the 2022 has nicer seats too.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 25839
Welcome Neil from East Texas. Great suggestions on the additions

View attachment 25839

View attachment 25839
Welcome Neil from East Texas. Great suggestions on your additions to your new XP1000. Nothing like a new Polaris Ranger……the only thing is it will never be as clean as it was the day you picked it up. Enjoy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice rig! I was torn between that color and the blue. Went with the blue and we love it. I also have the Thumper Fab bumper installed. The bumper is awesome. I have the Premium so no camera for the bumper to block. They put a limiting strap on my bed so it won’t hit the tires. It limits the amount of travel by 2 inches at full tilt. I can live with that. The wife and I installed vertical mirrors by Seizmik today. They came out awesome. We watched a YouTube video by a guy who goes by Flatlander that did a door install. It was very easy and looks like a factory installation. It took me almost exactly 5 months to get ours from the time we ordered it also. Break in is almost done and then to the real riding. It would be nice to get some pics of a nice buck in the back this season! Will let you guys know if that one happens.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice rig! I was torn between that color and the blue. Went with the blue and we love it. I also have the Thumper Fab bumper installed. The bumper is awesome. I have the Premium so no camera for the bumper to block. They put a limiting strap on my bed so it won’t hit the tires. It limits the amount of travel by 2 inches at full tilt. I can live with that. The wife and I installed vertical mirrors by Seizmik today. They came out awesome. We watched a YouTube video by a guy who goes by Flatlander that did a door install. It was very easy and looks like a factory installation. It took me almost exactly 5 months to get ours from the time we ordered it also. Break in is almost done and then to the real riding. It would be nice to get some pics of a nice buck in the back this season! Will let you guys know if that one happens.
Damn, that's a nice rig!! As much as I wanted to order the burgundy, I'm glad my wife talked me into the matte navy!
Ours will be the 3 seater since it's just the two of us. Been waiting since June 8th, so I'm guessing another two month wait for us or so until our NS gets here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Damn, that's a nice rig!! As much as I wanted to order the burgundy, I'm glad my wife talked me into the matte navy!
Ours will be the 3 seater since it's just the two of us. Been waiting since June 8th, so I'm guessing another two month wait for us or so until our NS gets here.
Thanks. Just finished putting a parking brake on. We have five in our family so we needed the extra seats. We love the color. Break in was finished today so it’s time to get dirty.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice rigs you both have….couldn’t imagine having AC but wish I did. I sure like the game winch setup. I’ve been pondering something like that but didn’t know if ROPs would support the pull, but apparently it will.

these beds are high and lifting an axis up a section at a time and tieing it off in stages is tough when alone.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've considered the rear winch as well. But according to Polaris, it will only support 300lbs. Up here we've got black bear hunting, and a good bull will be well over 300lbs. So, I've just decided to get the headache rack for mine. I've got bad luck with rear windows! LOL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tanks again. I got the game winch because I hunt by myself a lot. The Whitetails I shoot on our farm in Ohio are pushing the limit for sure but I figure with the winch pulling and myself lifting we should be able to get it in there. Elk would have to be quartered any way so it would work there also. Mostly bought it for the window protection. I liked the mesh idea better then the straight bars because I was afraid something from the back could slide through and do some real damage. Oh and there is the fact that it just looks so darn cool! Lol. TXXL Where are you located. I hunt in Hondo a lot myself. Never shot a axis but there is a chance in the near future. They make awesome mounts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tanks again. I got the game winch because I hunt by myself a lot. The Whitetails I shoot on our farm in Ohio are pushing the limit for sure but I figure with the winch pulling and myself lifting we should be able to get it in there. Elk would have to be quartered any way so it would work there also. Mostly bought it for the window protection. I liked the mesh idea better then the straight bars because I was afraid something from the back could slide through and do some real damage. Oh and there is the fact that it just looks so darn cool! Lol. TXXL Where are you located. I hunt in Hondo a lot myself. Never shot a axis but there is a chance in the near future. They make awesome mounts.
My brothers place is near Junction in Kimble County…the Axis are awesome looking for sure. There’s always help to load, but that means jacking up someone else’s hunt or waiting and both are bad. In the past I’ve tilted the bed up, looped a rope around neck and tied it off as I lift…it can be done but it’s a butt kicker and you’re covered in blood by time your done as you have to bear hug it.

I will just invest in the rotating trailer hitch lift with the foot support. Their 2 piece so load up easy enough in the bed when done. Figure an extender receiver hitch will give clearance for lower tailgate and raising the bed. White tail here aren’t giants and only take 1 axis a year, but when you need a lift you need it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts