Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power windows all of a sudden stopped working. I do not see a fuse specific for the windows. Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the switches lit up? If you checked all the fuses , use a multi-meter to test. If no bad fuses are found then check the connectors the are in The headliner (follow the black coiled wires at the top of the door) . Both of those connections lead to one primary connection. Trace it out from there to see if there are any loose connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
129 Posts
Helped a guy on another Ranger site and he found that a connector in the roof was not seated all the way. His was near or at the rear roof pulse bar and not the 8 pin duetsch connector, but it could be a number of things for sure.

Maybe start by checking for power at the plug at the back of the cab. Red will have battery, black is ground and the orange stripped wire ignition power. If thats all good inspect the relay on the back drivers side of the cab to ensure the plug is seated and clicking as key is turned on, make sure the rear cab connector is latched tight, then move up to the headliner. Less stuff to pull apart starting outside the cab.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the switches lit up? If you checked all the fuses , use a multi-meter to test. If no bad fuses are found then check the connectors the are in The headliner (follow the black coiled wires at the top of the door) . Both of those connections lead to one primary connection. Trace it out from there to see if there are any loose connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The switches are not lit up. That’s why I thought it was a fuse. Do you have any idea which fuse is for the power windows? There is nothing marked in the fuse box

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Helped a guy on another Ranger site and he found that a connector in the roof was not seated all the way. His was near or at the rear roof pulse bar and not the 8 pin duetsch connector, but it could be a number of things for sure.

Maybe start by checking for power at the plug at the back of the cab. Red will have battery, black is ground and the orange stripped wire ignition power. If thats all good inspect the relay on the back drivers side of the cab to ensure the plug is seated and clicking as key is turned on, make sure the rear cab connector is latched tight, then move up to the headliner. Less stuff to pull apart starting outside the cab. View attachment 26046
It was a lose connection. Thank you very much. I probably would have never found it without the picture.

Thank you again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts