Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 XP1000 with the Polaris Glacier Pro HD snowplow system with a 72" blade. Last year I had a few issues with the blade digging in too deep while plowing on asphalt. This can result in breaking the shear pin. I want to install a rubber flap on the bottom of the blade to reduce digging in and wear on the bottom of the blade. Has anyone tried this and if so can you elaborate on a vendor that sells this? I would greatly appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!

· Registered
14 Posts
First off, I don’t have a plow yet for my Ranger, but will be buying one soon.
I have seen multiple posts of people slitting PVC type pipe and sliding it on along the bottom of their plow to keep from pushing gravel when plowing gravel driveways. It should keep you from getting too close to your asphalt. I plan give it a try when I get my plow.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen multiple posts of people slitting PVC type pipe and sliding it on along the bottom of their plow to keep from pushing gravel when plowing gravel driveways. It should keep you from getting too close to your asphalt. I plan give it a try when I get my plow.
Thanks for your reply. I may try the PC and see if it stays on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out both the Fallline and Denali. The Fallline looks superior and is $137 and the Denali is $179 in the 72" length. They both come in blanks so they recommend removing the factory metal lip on the stock blade, drill for the bolt pattern, and use the stock metal lip on the outside of the polyurethane as a washer. I'm ordering one today and will upload a report after the first use. Thanks again for your assistance.

· Registered
2022 Polaris Northstar Premium
154 Posts
I checked out both the Fallline and Denali. The Fallline looks superior and is $137 and the Denali is $179 in the 72" length. They both come in blanks so they recommend removing the factory metal lip on the stock blade, drill for the bolt pattern, and use the stock metal lip on the outside of the polyurethane as a washer. I'm ordering one today and will upload a report after the first use. Thanks again for your assistance.
That's how I drilled mine but drilled holes in the center so it can be flipped over. Like getting 2 for 1. Then I used the stock wear bar on top and bolted both to the plow. That way I can watch the wear as the stock wear bar against the yellow is EZ to see.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 XP1000 with the Polaris Glacier Pro HD snowplow system with a 72" blade. Last year I had a few issues with the blade digging in too deep while plowing on asphalt. This can result in breaking the shear pin. I want to install a rubber flap on the bottom of the blade to reduce digging in and wear on the bottom of the blade. Has anyone tried this and if so can you elaborate on a vendor that sells this? I would greatly appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction. Thanks!
Yes, I have nearly the same setup & used a piece of conveyor belting that is sandwiched between the plow scraper blade & the plow. I cut it wide enough so that I can flip it around after it wears down. Originally had about 11/4" sticking below blade. I figure I wore off a 1/4" last winter. I plow asphalt & grass trails. I do not use the gizmos that hold the plow off the ground. I just let the rubber right down. Slides right over grass & cleans the drive great.

· Registered
138 Posts
I do not use the gizmos that hold the plow off the ground. I just let the rubber right down. Slides right over grass & cleans the drive great.

Those feet (gizmos) work great. You hard face them every couple of years and the last forever. I run a 120" blade on my 1959 KW. I have never had any problem with digging in I set them for about 1" of clearance and just go at it. I set the feet on my KFI for my Polaris Ranger for about 3/4" and just go at it.
With the KW, I plow at about 30-35 mph so I can throw the snow farther. Almost all the plowing done with the KW is on gravel roads. Same with the Polaris.

· Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar crew
294 Posts
Yes, I have nearly the same setup & used a piece of conveyor belting that is sandwiched between the plow scraper blade & the plow. I cut it wide enough so that I can flip it around after it wears down. Originally had about 11/4" sticking below blade. I figure I wore off a 1/4" last winter. I plow asphalt & grass trails. I do not use the gizmos that hold the plow off the ground. I just let the rubber right down. Slides right over grass & cleans the drive great.
Can you get a picture so I can see what you’re actual talking about? When I plow our gravel driveway the plow wants to dig in too deep. Need something to help with that.

· Registered
138 Posts
Not quite snow, but has anybody set up scarifier teeth on their blade to break up ice? With this last ice storm and an inch of ice on my gravel driveway which is shaded, I am starting to design something. I'm looking for either an after market cutting edge for the plow or if someone has fabricated something.

· Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
324 Posts
Sounds like a neat idea. You wouldn’t probably need them all the time. Might be spendy this way but maybe you could bolt something like this on and take them off when not required. Or secure them to another “cutting edge” to be swapped out as desired. Carbide tipped so they should last a long time. Theres also places that do custom carbide solutions so perhaps they could fab a new cutting edge with inserts?

For wear and additional plow weight purposes (more down pressure) when i plowed with a smaller wheeler i used a section of cutting edge from a grader which was not flipped over to use the other side. They just sh$t canned it for scrap for some reason. HD as heck and also added some more rigidity to the flexible plow blade.

Quick search and found this other blade option too. That is also neat and i bet you could get that bolted on too. Might have a 72” version as well if you need that.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Musical instrument accessory

Product Font Output device Gadget Multimedia

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the company I use. I have a yellow color wear bar for 3 years now and love it. Check them out here;
Polyurethane Snowplow Cutting Edges - Fallline
I purchased the FallLine wear bar and installed it a couple weeks ago and it was easy to install. Sunday night we got 12" of heavy Sierra cement. With the refitted blade it made plowing 10 driveways a breeze. I can actually drop the blade to the ground while moving and it eliminates any digging in.
Thanks again for your brilliant suggestion.
Snow Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
137 Posts
I purchased the FallLine wear bar and installed it a couple weeks ago and it was easy to install. Sunday night we got 12" of heavy Sierra cement. With the refitted blade it made plowing 10 driveways a breeze. I can actually drop the blade to the ground while moving and it eliminates any digging in.
Thanks again for your brilliant suggestion.
View attachment 29597
What size did you end up getting ? Mine is a 72" also

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What size did you end up getting ? Mine is a 72" also
I bought a 72"x4"x3/4". They recommend mounting it no lower than the thickness of the wear bar. So I installed it ~3/4" below the blade. When it wears down I'll flip it upside down and use the top side. You'll also need to replace the bolts that are 1" longer. Hope this helps.

· Registered
2022 Polaris Northstar Premium
154 Posts
I bought a 72"x4"x3/4". They recommend mounting it no lower than the thickness of the wear bar. So I installed it ~3/4" below the blade. When it wears down I'll flip it upside down and use the top side. You'll also need to replace the bolts that are 1" longer. Hope this helps.
They are very tough too. I haven't had to flip mine yet after 3+
years but only plow 8 or 10 times per year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts