Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 NS Ultimate windshield doesn't seal in the lower corners on both the passenger and drivers side. I asked the dealer about fixing it. He said they would probably end up adding some additional weather stripping to get it to seal. This seems like a band aid fix on a new $30,000 machine. Has any one else seen this problem? How do you correct it? The seal also doesn't touch on the roll cage for about the first 6 inches up from the corner. Then the seal starts to contact the roll cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Saw a video review stating front windshield now has a metal frame that wasn’t on 21 so this is a brand new windshield style. 21 was frameless and had a cracking problem…. I agree that this is not a proper fix I’d want on my Northstar when I get it! Keep us posted on their repair!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
168 Posts
When mine arrives and if it has the same issue i wont be accepting adding weather stripping to a 30K+ machine and id suggest you dont accept it either

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not planning on accepting additional weather stripping. I contacted polaris today. They told me to have the dealer open "Ask Polaris" case when I drop it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some more pictures. A picture of the outside, one of where the weather stripping goes up the angled part of roll cage, and one of passenger side lower corner. It may hard to see but the one picture shows how the weather stripping does not touch the roll cage until about 6" from bottom corner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
168 Posts
I am not planning on accepting additional weather stripping. I contacted polaris today. They told me to have the dealer open "Ask Polaris" case when I drop it off.
Thanks for sharing this. First thing I’ll be looking at when mine comes in. I’m a little worried about quality control with everything going on…..can’t get help can’t get parts. I’m sure they are trying to pump machines out as fast as they can to generate some revenue.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate
101 Posts
Here are some more pictures. A picture of the outside, one of where the weather stripping goes up the angled part of roll cage, and one of passenger side lower corner. It may hard to see but the one picture shows how the weather stripping does not touch the roll cage until about 6" from bottom corner.
Just a thought, is the lower window latch adjusted properly? The on the latch are slotted. Maybe they didn't tighten them or adjust it before they shipped your rig.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not sure if it's adjusted correctly at the bottom latch but if open the bottom latch I can not pull it in much tighter than the latch does. Even if I do pull it a little more it does not fix the problem at the corners.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2022 NS Ultimate windshield doesn't seal in the lower corners on both the passenger and drivers side. I asked the dealer about fixing it. He said they would probably end up adding some additional weather stripping to get it to seal. This seems like a band aid fix on a new $30,000 machine. Has any one else seen this problem? How do you correct it? The seal also doesn't touch on the roll cage for about the first 6 inches up from the corner. Then the seal starts to contact the roll cage.
I have the same problem with aftermarket glass and cab, for winter I use weather strip and tape. Thought factory would be better but maybe makes no difference

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a update on this windshield seal issue. Dealer installed a old style windshield and it looked to seal great. I got it home and took it for a ride while it was snowing. It leaked from the top of the windshield. So back to the dealer. They ordered a new 2022 style windshield and installed it. Now it's back to the corners having gap. Now the dealer says he wants to add more weather stripping. This is frustrating. Is any one else seeing this issue of the windshield not sealing in the corners on a 2022 tip out windshield? He also says that's just they way the tip out windshields are that they don't seal. I called a couple other dealers to pick their brain. They have said the repairs I have been receiving are unacceptable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine seems well sealed (visually)thus far but admittedly I haven’t finished break-in and haven’t driven it at speed particularly in rain/snow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just went to another dealership in my area. They had a northstar ultimate and premium they had just unloaded off the truck from polaris. The ultimate with a tip out windshield the seal was decent on. It was not what I would call great but it probably will seal. The premium with a windshield that was the fixed in place type had bigger gaps in the bottom corners than my pictures above. I would suggest checking your windshield seals before accepting your 2022.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just another up date. After many discussions with polaris and my dealership they are replacing ROPS components to see if that will correct the problem. I will update when the work is completed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is not a new problem. My 2019 Ultimate had over 1/2 inch gap at top over the center top. I put 2 layers of weather stripping in the center. The windshield does not fit the cage. I don't know why they can't make the whole fit the windshield. My dealer is so dumb I just fixed it myself. Every time the did warranty work on the last two they stripped screws in the plastic. Can't figure out to not run powered screwdrivers to tighten. I do all my own work now..

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 21 cab has the same gaps, I agree with you about the sloppy fit and finish on a 30 thousand plus dollar side by side. I think polaris is just to busy to care about correcting the problem right now. Just the nature of the beast!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts