Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter from Polaris today for a Service Advisory for the Struts/Springs on my 570 SP NorthStar. I've noticed it twangs/pops on my machine especially when turning sharply. Is this repair someone who has decent mechanical skills could do or do I need to take it to the dealer and lose my machine for awhile?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got a letter from Polaris today for a Service Advisory for the Struts/Springs on my 570 SP NorthStar. I've noticed it twangs/pops on my machine especially when turning sharply. Is this repair someone who has decent mechanical skills could do or do I need to take it to the dealer and lose my machine for awhile?
I can’t speak as to the mechanical difficulty of the fix but I think you should l consider having a qualified Polaris mechanic do it for warranty purposes.
I have a ‘22 Ranger 570 SP and just received the same letter. I called the local dealership yesterday to schedule bringing it in and they wanted to make sure they have the parts needed in stock or on order before they give me a date to bring it in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did talk with the dealer about it. He said their department hadn’t heard anything about it yet!

He looked it up while we shot the bull and he told me that it is a shim of some sort. He said they were back ordered till end of July.

He told me they will schedule it so I can have it back the same day hopefully. He also said that it wasn’t a “no drive” situation and I had till 2023 to do it

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did talk with the dealer about it. He said their department hadn’t heard anything about it yet!

He looked it up while we shot the bull and he told me that it is a shim of some sort. He said they were back ordered till end of July.

He told me they will schedule it so I can have it back the same hopefully. He also said that it wasn’t a “no drive” situation and I had till 2023 to do it
When I initially called they didn’t know anything about it. They were looking under Recall but this is a “Service Advisory”. They eventually found it and the part availability is the same story here too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts