Polaris Ranger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten the Crew 22 Ultimate in here? I ordered one & it'll be ready by end of September. I was wondering what you thought about it. From what I can find about the 22s (very little info available) it has a tilt out windshield and electric front windows & manual back. Is this so?
I'm trading in my 19 Ranger XP1000 NS Edition 3 seat. Got 2 pups & needed to upgrade and sales person really can't say much about the new model except it's "virtually" the same as the 21 model. They weren't able to get 21s due to the covid crap so they're offering the 22 for 21 pricing.

I cant phathom how a sales person is unable to provide specs on a new model if they're accepting preorders.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. I would bet you 10:1 that you DON'T see any '22's in stock in September. There are people on here that have been waiting for '21s for 6 months already that aren't in stock yet. Polaris has said that they won't deliver '22s until all '21s have been delivered. And it makes sense. How do you outfit a production line to make two different model years at the same time unless there are ZERO changes in them. Also, there are color differences between '21s and '22s. I just don't see them making two different model years at the same time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
21s arent being manufactured, 22s are. I was promised my 22 by end of september/october.
Easy solution, if I dont get the 22 by October, I cancel deposit.

What's your point?

·
Registered
26 Posts
According to my last contact with Polaris, 21's will still be rolling off the line in October. They were still taking orders for 21's according to those on the forums in late June. I suspect you just might want to cancel your order now instead of being disappointed later. My 21 will be delivered later September and I ordered in in May.

·
Registered
32 Posts
21s arent being manufactured, 22s are. I was promised my 22 by end of september/october.
Easy solution, if I dont get the 22 by October, I cancel deposit.

What's your point?
I don't know what you're talking about. Show me a single '22 that's been manufactured and delivered yet. MY POINT (you asked me what my point was) is that your dealer either told you wrong, or you misunderstood.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what you're talking about. Show me a single '22 that's been manufactured and delivered yet. MY POINT (you asked me what my point was) is that your dealer either told you wrong, or you misunderstood.
I dont know what you're talking about, either. Dealer gave me the number of the Production Manager at Polaris. My source at Polaris said it's a good bet I'll receive by midOctober. He said the 22s are underway.

You are incorrect. "Show me a single '22 that's been manufactured"? Rofl, I'm unable to drive there and take pics at the moment. Now I ask you to show me proof of your testimony and report your findings.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
According to my last contact with Polaris, 21's will still be rolling off the line in October. They were still taking orders for 21's according to those on the forums in late June. I suspect you just might want to cancel your order now.
I personally spoke with Production Manager, nice guy. They're producing 22s now and on track for October delivery. Feel free to read my communication with someone else at Polaris below. Sorry about your 21, not sure they're building so late. My 22 will be shipped sept/oct.

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to my last contact with Polaris, 21's will still be rolling off the line in October. They were still taking orders for 21's according to those on the forums in late June. I suspect you just might want to cancel your order now instead of being disappointed later. My 21 will be delivered later September and I ordered in in May.
I ordered a 21 NS crew end of march and am still waiting. Now saying mid Sept to mid Oct, and it is a 21. My buddy is buying the machine once it comes in but staying in my name till then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered a 21 NS crew end of march and am still waiting. Now saying mid Sept to mid Oct, and it is a 21. My buddy is buying the machine once it comes in but staying in my name till then.
My dealer decided not to sell the 21 but offering 22 for 21 price. Maybe my dealer has better connections with Polaris than yours. Who knows.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Don't get your hopes up. I would bet you 10:1 that you DON'T see any '22's in stock in September. There are people on here that have been waiting for '21s for 6 months already that aren't in stock yet. Polaris has said that they won't deliver '22s until all '21s have been delivered. And it makes sense. How do you outfit a production line to make two different model years at the same time unless there are ZERO changes in them. Also, there are color differences between '21s and '22s. I just don't see them making two different model years at the same time.
Here's the communication from Polaris - you were saying? I don't think your dealer has a clue or maybe forgot to order your rig until much later.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Strange that rep is in Medina Mn and the plant that builds the Rangers is in Huntsville, Alabama. It would seem strange to me that the scheduling for the assembly plant would be so far away in that someone would have to be at the plant to make sure that the necessary parts had arrived for the builds for the day......just a thought.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Strange that rep is in Medina Mn and the plant that builds the Rangers is in Huntsville, Alabama. It would seem strange to me that the scheduling for the assembly plant would be so far away in that someone would have to be at the plant to make sure that the necessary parts had arrived for the builds for the day......just a thought.
The wonder of computer technology. Not that strange. Think about it, you don't physically need to be at a specific spot to tell if something's being built. I was in homebuilding in Az and able to tell exactly what stage a home in Florida was.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here's the communication from Polaris - you were saying? I don't think your dealer has a clue or maybe forgot to order your rig until much later.
I thought you spoke to the "Production Manager yourself"? This is nothing more than a Rep at headquarters just relaying what his computer says. Yes, those same reps also call.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought you spoke to the "Production Manager yourself"? This is nothing more than a Rep at headquarters just relaying what his computer says. Yes, those same reps also call.
I did. This was someone else. I have 2 sources. The Production Manager asked me to speak with the rep for updates. The Manager updates his info daily. Wow, you seem a little bitter. Is your rig late like the others? Did you bother reading my communication from Polaris?
This guy personally knows my dealer and provides regular reliable updates. Trust me, he's spot on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
no offense...C-4 knows what he's talking about dude. We both have the same rig ordered within days of each other and have been watching everybody else drive by for the last 5 months....I figure that you will see how "spot on" that source is in about another 5 months....RIGHT C-4???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not bitter at all. I got my Ultimate Crew weeks ago and love it. Hope you get everything you want. I’ll just say, the same guy emailed me and said it was going to arrive late July or Aug and it shows up 4 days later so he must have got bad info somewhere.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not bitter at all. I got my Ultimate Crew weeks ago and love it. Hope you get everything you want. I’ll just say, the same guy emailed me and said it was going to arrive late July or Aug and it shows up 4 days later so he must have got bad info somewhere.
Sounds like it. You got your ultimate crew but not a 22

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no offense...C-4 knows what he's talking about dude. We both have the same rig ordered within days of each other and have been watching everybody else drive by for the last 5 months....I figure that you will see how "spot on" that source is in about another 5 months....RIGHT C-4???
Ya, but you didnt get a 22. Those come later, dude. Would of gotten 21 but dealer decided not to sell 21s due to the dreaded democommie developed covid.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don’t think anyone answered your original question on windshield and windows. My ‘21 has tilt out windshield and electric windows. They’re great. Only thing I’ve hear on ‘22s is maybe a few different colors but nobody really knows IMO

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.