Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ranger crew xp1000 Texas edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about adding a front rack kit (2882690) but I can only find stock pictures of the rack kit. Does anyone have this rack, if so do you like it and any pictures would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Really happy with mine Adds additional protection to the front also. Only problem with I've had is it began to chirp- squeek so I ended up inserting a piece of rubber at the pivot point to quiet it.

·
Registered
2020 ranger crew xp1000 Texas edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I appreciate the pictures and the info. Just what I needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m thinking about adding a front rack kit (2882690) but I can only find stock pictures of the rack kit. Does anyone have this rack, if so do you like it and any pictures would be great. Thanks
Love the hood rack! Very well made.
1230181200.jpg
0224191126.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any of y’all have issues getting the lock-n-ride connectors to tighten the rack all the way down?
Rack was installed at the dealer and was nice and snug. I took it off to install light bars and other accessories and after putting back in place, I cannot lock it down all the way. It secures in place for lateral movement, very well. However, if you give it the slightest bit of pressure vertically (whether pulling on rack or pushing upwards) it pops right off. I have tried tinkering with the bolts on the assembly for the rubber “seal” that tightens to bracket but cannot get it to improve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is the "U" shaped tab on the top bar near the locking lever touching against the lower bar as it is hard to see in the first and last pic (on the right) . If so I would say you have a mis-welded unit and it should be under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the "U" shaped tab on the top bar near the locking lever touching against the lower bar as it is hard to see in the first and last pic (on the right) . If so I would say you have a mis-welded unit and it should be under warranty.
I don’t believe it is touching but will check again. The issue is the lever never fully “charges” the locking gasket inside of the hole. It locks in place enough when you move it laterally but the slightest bit of upward pressure and it slips out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts