Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of 30" Bighorn originals when I pick up the new Ranger. They fit, but not a lot of extra room. Fully compressed on a side hill at full lock there is less than an inch of clearance to the frame.
These 30" Bighorns measure at 28.5" tall with 12psi. A real 30" tall tire would be very close to rubbing.
Just an FYI for those considering 30" tires
Mine are 30 X 10 X 14 inch ITP Hurricane 7" rims. Standard Polaris offset.
The picture is just sitting on level ground

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put 30" Tensor Regulators on my Ranger and it's a close 1/2 to 3/4" from rubbing in the back of the tire (they measure a true 30"), so probably some forward a-arms in the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just another update on the 30 inch Bighorns, after several off road trips and every manner of rough, nasty trails. I can say for sure that 30 inch Bighorns do not / will not rub in any way. The extra ground clearance is well worth getting the bigger tires... and I still get 20 MPG.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just another update on the 30 inch Bighorns, after several off road trips and every manner of rough, nasty trails. I can say for sure that 30 inch Bighorns do not / will not rub in any way. The extra ground clearance is well worth getting the bigger tires... and I still get 20 MPG.
How much more ground clearance did you get?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What year model is your Polaris?

My Polaris is a 2017 1000XP Hunter Edition and it has the stock 26" tires on 12" wheels. I would like to go to 30" tires on 14-15" wheels. Will I need a forward assist A arm or will it work as is (stock)? Thanks in advance for response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts