Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just ordered the 2 inch RSJ seat belt / shoulder harness for my Ranger. They are the same one I use in my CJ and should be here today, as long as the ice doesn't put them behind.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My seat belts showed up today despite all the snow and ice and got them in.

On the clip ends it is recommended that a pin be put in to keep them from unhooking.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks for sharing, do any of our sponsors carry those..

·
Registered
9 Posts
To install the harness properly you will need something like this for the shoulder belts. www.sidexsideoffroad.com/RangerHarnessBar.html Then I would recommend Crow harnesses. Either 2" or 3" wrap around shoulder belts and 3" lap belts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The RZR has a Cross Bar! Crows are great belts. I have friend with a Rhino and he has Crow belts :coolsmiley and needed a Cross Bar. :coolsmiley:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah the crossbar helps with some cost. Unfortunetly the Ranger, Rhino, and Teryx haven't implemented this. Good thing however is that it's a simple add-on. Here is the Ranger we played with a while. You can see the harnees bar is out of the way and fit's nicely.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's not to bad looking. The only problem I see is that they are mounted way too high. You are losing the benefit of shoulder belts if they can't hold you both down and in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The problem with shoulder straps are, that when they are mounted too low they can cause spinal injury. Since I'm 6'2" and my daughter's are shorter it is hard to have each seat set up correctly for each person since they will be driving / ridding also. So I have mine in my Ranger and CJ mounted high, I have them to control the forward movement of the body. The lap belt will hold you in if you are up side down.

General safety is different then competition and everyone will have their own views.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts