Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 42" led light bar that is drawing 648w on my 2010 ranger 800 HD. I've only ran it for a few minute to make sure it worked and that's about it as I have not had time to fiddle with it since. After doing some reading I was wondering if this is too much power draw for the current battery and was looking for some input from anyone that might have installed something similar.

I'm not sure if added a second battery, upgrading the current to a yellow top or if nothing is needed and everything should be fine.

Just looking for any input to make sure I don't meltdown my system. LOL Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
The battery won't care, it's the charge circuit that will be taking the workload... Need to find out the regulator output ampage to see if it's gonna have enough overhead to cope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate all the info. I chickened out and purchased another bar, but this one only pulls 275w instead of 600+. :). I feel a little more comfortable with the lower wattage and not getting myself stranded in the dark.

At 275w this thing is hella bright. I don't know what I would need 400 more watts for honestly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts