Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had it for just under 5 months and it has been a constant work in progress since the day it arrived.

Lots of hours spent tweeking and adding what I think I need for where I am. Finally got it ready to rumble for the hopefully soon to arrive spring.

I made the lexan windshield and rear window and the complete UHMW skids under neath to keep bugs, branches and rocks from ruining a nice ride.

Added the Polaris 3500 winch with poly rope and the polaris plow, 14 inch crusher wheels, tires and sport roof.
Got an extra slice of UHMW from a pal at PRC that I added to the plow edge as a wear bar.

I had the polaris box and got it nicely installed on the bed with room left for my dog or other gear when we go.

A buddy welded me a real 2 inch receiver hitch that also strengthens the rear frame. I had some nice Hella Lights that fit great on the polaris pre runner brush guard.

I added the interior overhead light and a few extra switches for it, my GPS and a hard wired winch control button.

Then I found a nice Marine style waterproof radio enclosure and some nice poly weather resistant speakers for the front and rear. Had to build boxes for the front speakers and figure out how to mount them out of the way.
I also installed a nice car antena from a Honda civic that had the right angle for the roof.

My brother had a nice Pioneer AM/FM Cd player that rocks the RZR.

I added a 2 inch rubber down lift thanks to Code Blue but have not had a chance to check that out yet.

I still want to do a battery upgrade some day soon but I added a second car battery and a set of jumper cables just in case.

Now if I could just get it to stop doing this and allow the snow in the woods to melt, I am ready to rock!

Gary

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh man!! I'd say you are ready indeed!! I would love to get the music in mine, but I am out of $$$. Yours is looking just too good. Love lookin' at the pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice work Gary and just in time for us to send you more snow..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sharp RZR!!! O0

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those are nice mods Gary. I've got a couple of questions. How do you like the poly rope on your winch? Where did you get the windshield mounts and the stereo enclosure. You'll like the Rubberdown lift. Nice Work.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Timber and thanks.

Love the rope, no more wire pokes and it does great for constant use in plow duty unlike the steel that always frays.

Got the clamps from Ebay, normally for DJs to hang lights on poles, CNYDJsupply, here is his email and 4 cost just about $20 shipped. [email protected] <[email protected]>.

Stereo enclosure came from www.westmarine.com and they also carry all sorts of radios and electrical stuff for the boating industry.

Have fun

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Timber, so much for Ione and Metaline Falls, snowed two days in a row here again..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here too and I just heard the mid west Chicago area will get hammered tonight and tomorrow!

Where is AL GORE when we need him most??? :2funny:

Global Warming my A$$

Gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice pictures! You can buy a jumper battery with jumper cables attached, at some of the auto battery supply stores. It will start any of your electric start toys. I also carry it on my snowmobile, boat, etc. for emergency starting power. I have used it a number of times, especially when starting something at the beginning of the season, it works. How do you like the box attachment on your snow plow?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked out those jumper battery deals and they cost more then a battery!

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here. "How do you like the box attachment on your snow plow?"

Gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
As you look at the snow plow picture, the part on the right side of the plow. I think it makes it so the snow trails off the other side without a large angle to the plow. Those jumper batteries are spendy, but they sure are nice. They only last about three years. I am on my fourth one now. It even started my jeep once when I left my lights on.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That part on the plow cuts into the leading edge of the snow and just forces it to go to the angled side. Works great!

Yea, I had one of those jump start deals and it went belly up after just one year. A new battery for it was more expensive then a new car battery like whats in the bed of my RZR. I made a shorty set of jumper cables and keep them up front under the hood with my tree strap, snatch block and air compressor/light deal.

So far I have never needed the extra battery but I have jumped a buddy and a guy we ran into out in the woods with a dead battery. I just toss it on a trickle charge once a month and it is good to go. Probably has 10 times the Cold Cranking Amps of the stock RZR battery and since I am not a hot rodding jumper, the 30 extra pounds does not matter to me.

I guess it would have been nice to have a pull cord on the RZR but I wonder just how many of us could yank it hard enough to fire up that engine.

Gary

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have a pull start on my King Quad. The first time I tried to pull start it I gave the rope a good yank and I could have sworn my fingers stayed with the pull rope. Hurt like hell :tickedoff:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts