Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading from my 99 Sportsman 500 to a Ranger. I was initially thinking about the full size 570 until I looked at one and realized it is too big. I will mainly use it to work around the yard, pull a trailer of firewood up to the house or from the woods and putt around the fields and countryside. The difference between the 2 is motor size and $700.
The salesman said if I were to ever to fully enclose it I would need the 570 if I wanted to add a heater. I doubt I will fully enclose it. Probably just roof and windshield.
Any other reasons to go with the 570 over the 500?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi we just purchased our Polaris ranger 500 we also were going to go 570 but in the end we looked at the towing capacity and it was same for both so we couldn't see Amy reason other than that.if you prefer power steering the 570 has that. But I'm finding the 500is easy enough and strong enough so far.
We got a front flip down screen and a glass backscreen which I recommend. And the carnival so we could tie the dogs in.
We got a roof and rear mirror also
We are very happy with it I personally am just trying to get my head around which gear and drive I should be using for my terrain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am thinking about upgrading from my 99 Sportsman 500 to a Ranger. I was initially thinking about the full size 570 until I looked at one and realized it is too big. I will mainly use it to work around the yard, pull a trailer of firewood up to the house or from the woods and putt around the fields and countryside. The difference between the 2 is motor size and $700.
The salesman said if I were to ever to fully enclose it I would need the 570 if I wanted to add a heater. I doubt I will fully enclose it. Probably just roof and windshield.
Any other reasons to go with the 570 over the 500?
There's not much difference between them other than physical size ..... You can get EPS (electric power steering) with the 570 and a bit more power with the twin cam 570 engine versus the single cam 500 ... 500's also tend to have a bit noisier top end ..... They are both very durable with the 570 being the top choice for rental companies we deal with ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts