Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night after a visit to my farm I came back and didnt unload the Ranger and put it away. It rained all morning long and when I went to unload it would not move. The belt obvioulsy is wet but I didnt realize rain would do that. I have never been in 4wd much less water and was just curious if this has happened to anyone else???????? After moving it back and forward it barlely moved but I did manage to get it back in the garage.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Did you do anything else to get the belt wet. It could of had moisture on the clutch and was slipping, but it sounds like your belt is not tight enough. Was you trying it in low gear also? was it better while in low gear? The way your belt case is made there is 1 breather tube and 1 exhaust. The exhaust is under the seat but would have to be half way up your legs in water to allow water to get in. I think it is moisture and the belt is loose or bad. It might not hurt to check your motor mount and make sure it is not broke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't know about that. Rain should never get your belt wet, I have rode in water over the belt and never had it slip. It doesn't sound like a wet belt anyway, when the belt gets wet, all you have to do is put it in nuetral and hold the throttle about 1/4 way down for about 20 seconds, at least it worked that way on my sportsman. sounds like a loose belt or damaged one. Check your motor mounts and clutch alignment. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im gonna go and check it out in a few minutes. I loaded it at my farm last night after shooting and it did perfect and I have never had a problem at all until when I tried to unload it. The Ranger has only been wet when I washed it never in rain or mud at all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it is raining, that means it ain't frozen!! 2 weeks ago at camp. I was using my bud's 700 ans the woods roads were pretty sloppy muddy/wet, when we came in fron hunting friday night...Saturday morning, the temp was avout 23* and it wouldn't move at first in high, dropped it in low and she pulled off...thinking it might have been froze up!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Don't scowl at me but did you un-tie it from the trailer.. Probably so the question is,, does it have even the slightest movement if not check your shift linkage as it could have vibrated loose in neutral or park where ever you put it when hauling.. Let us know..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Code said:
Don't scowl at me but did you un-tie it from the trailer.. Probably so the question is,, does it have even the slightest movement if not check your shift linkage as it could have vibrated loose in neutral or park where ever you put it when hauling.. Let us know..
Good question for sure. It came off real slow like it was really slipping. Im gonna let yall know as soon as I check it out.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It being a 07 xp if you have not had your motor mount changed I would check it. Mine broke and then broke the belt, but I was running 40 mph when it happened. If you was taking it easy the motor mount could still be broke and not tearing the belt up but letting it slip.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
no not to bad, remove the seat and the front engine vent and you should have enough room to see it. maybe a large flat head screw driver or small pry bar and make sure it is not broke by trying to move it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Assuming the mount would be the problem, what is the fix? Is there a better type of mount or update? I know this has been mentioned in the past, but I am not sure I paid attention enough to know the answer. (how this topic is ok in this thread)

Lynerd

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Lynerd said:
Assuming the mount would be the problem, what is the fix? Is there a better type of mount or update? I know this has been mentioned in the past, but I am not sure I paid attention enough to know the answer. (how this topic is ok in this thread)

Lynerd
Yeah it is fine here. You can purchase one from your dealer or sense it should be under warranty carry it back to them and let them make the repair, and put a new belt on. This might not be the case but something to check for sense there was service bulletins on the motor mounts. They have a new motor mount and it should not break like the original did.

·
Registered
181 Posts
1st said:
Code said:
Don't scowl at me but did you un-tie it from the trailer..
Glad I'm not the only that has done that :D :D
I am glad I too am not the only one to do that!! The first big ride I went on was in Zoe, KY and after trailering 3&1/2 hours, I unstrapped it and forgot to unlock the cable lock!!! I felt pretty stupid!

Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
poorfarmer said:
1st said:
Code said:
Don't scowl at me but did you un-tie it from the trailer..
Glad I'm not the only that has done that :D :D
I am glad I too am not the only one to do that!! The first big ride I went on was in Zoe, KY and after trailering 3&1/2 hours, I unstrapped it and forgot to unlock the cable lock!!! I felt pretty stupid!

That's usually what I do!! Un strap it...forget to unlock it!!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have given it plenty of time to dry out and it still slips like crazy. I am heading to the dealer tomorrow to let them figure it out. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I must have posted this in the wrong place. I went to the dealer and he found the clutch housing intake hose was loose up top and the water funneled right into the housing. He dried it out and away it went.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts