Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my 2020 570 Ranger. Started it and drove it into garage. One week later went out to it and it wouldn't start. Battery is good, turn key switch and hear the fuel pump. Dash won't light up, no headlights, no winch. I do get brake lights when I step on brake pedal. All fuses are good and fuse box is dry. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a night on the trickle charger, I get 6.27 Volts, which is about what I had before I started charging. If I'm getting that, shouldn't my dash light up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New battery installed, started right up. I was told that the ECM has to see a certain voltage before it lights up the dash. Thanks for the advice. Just find it strange that all l did was wash it and the battery drained.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't contact the dealer. I bought the machine December of 2019.Just goes to show, check the easy things before you troubleshoot deeper. Just seemed too coincidental that it happened right after washing, and I could hear the pump working and had brake lights. Almost afraid to wash it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still running good.

Do you mean right after I washed it? I finished cleaning it then had to pull it into the garage. It then sat for over a week before I tried to start it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, I've washed it several time since I bought it and it was never an issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts