Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , all , I am looking to trade my 500efi for a new 570 ranger but am hesitant after reading some of the 570s have the same issues my 500 has , have any of you had these issues with your 570s?
My 500 will start and run no matter what, but it has left me stranded more than once, once it's gets warmed up , it starts to run like junk, it will stall and I sometimes cannot get it started again! I have taken it to my dealer and it actually got a little worse, high idle for no reason , won't shift into gear, won't shift out of gear, it's gotten to the point that I cannot rely on it to get me home, after fencing or checking cows or whatever I may be doing on the farm, this machine has been babied and is in great shape. Just want to make sure I'm not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by going with the 570 . I am diehard Polaris and do not want to switch brands. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
If your looking at new I wouldn't worry about the 570, its been around long enough now where it seems Polaris has the bugs worked out of them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hello , all , I am looking to trade my 500efi for a new 570 ranger but am hesitant after reading some of the 570s have the same issues my 500 has , have any of you had these issues with your 570s?
My 500 will start and run no matter what, but it has left me stranded more than once, once it's gets warmed up , it starts to run like junk, it will stall and I sometimes cannot get it started again! I have taken it to my dealer and it actually got a little worse, high idle for no reason , won't shift into gear, won't shift out of gear, it's gotten to the point that I cannot rely on it to get me home, after fencing or checking cows or whatever I may be doing on the farm, this machine has been babied and is in great shape. Just want to make sure I'm not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by going with the 570 . I am diehard Polaris and do not want to switch brands. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
My 2015 570 MS crew is over a year old. It's a great reliable machine (though supposedly I had my clutch replaced after 122 hours). No problems with idle, or not cranking after running or anything like that. It has plenty of power and lots of torque in low range.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2014 Ranger with 80 hours on it. I couldn't be happier with the machine! It has been solid as tank. I would purchase it all over again. I have been really really happy with my Ranger 570 EPS.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yea, 200 hrs and 1700 miles on mine with no issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 570

·
Registered
8 Posts
2014 with 235 hours and 1420 miles of general farm work to include spreading 4 tons of lime and 10 tons of chicken litter. Other than installing 30ah batt and sometimes being a bit hard to start on cold mornings, I have had no issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
15hrs on my '16 and no issues so far but still breaking it in. Looking forward to see how the 1st oil change turns out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
15hrs on my '16 and no issues so far but still breaking it in. Looking forward to see how the 1st oil change turns out.
WiGix - We got our Rangers at about the same time. I've watched your posts being that we are both WI guys. I'm at 16 hours and I haven't logged much time during those below zero periods we had, but this weekend I've been out cutting and hauling wood. Pretty darn nice at 30 degrees - not quite Spring-like yet, but not bad!

I've been impressed with getting back into the woods with the icy snow that we've got - able to get back in, do some cutting, and haul some of what I've cut out.

Also, no starting problems down to 20 degrees (the coldest that I've used it). When I first turn it over, I agree with the other guys, the battery does sound like it doesn't have much power, but it's always started after just 2 or 3 cranks, so I'm happy. I'm in no hurry to replace the battery, but will definitely upsize it when it needs to be replaced.

I hope we are both reporting "trouble free" at 200 or more hours like a lot of the other guys! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
2014 570 Midsize crew...

Started burning oil A LOT - replaced cylinder, piston, and head
replacing front wheel bearings for the second time now
replacing ball joints now
replacing all tie rod ends now
possible bad steering rack... trying to diagnose
front right lower a-arm and the aluminum knuckle SNAPPED (no the machine was not being jumped)

all this and the machine doesn't even have 1,000 miles on it with a 60 year old man (my father) behind the wheel. Obviously, he doesn't baby it. But this was a brand new machine, and I feel that it should hold up better than this.

I am in the process of fixing the current issues for him to help him out since its a little easier for me.

If you like spending lots of $$$ on replacing parts with heavier duty versions, and then replacing them again then this is the machine for you! My money, however, will never be used to purchase any machine that says POLARIS on it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ehart814 - Geez, that is a lot of stuff going wrong: Engine, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, and a broken A-arm ... and all in just 2 years of ownership - I hope I have better luck than your dad has had. I can sure see how you are down on Polaris!

·
Registered
5 Posts
ehart814 - Geez, that is a lot of stuff going wrong: Engine, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, and a broken A-arm ... and all in just 2 years of ownership - I hope I have better luck than your dad has had. I can sure see how you are down on Polaris!

I Sure hope you have better luck too! Just keep in mind, if you start lifting the suspension and put bigger tires on it definitely isn't going to hold up as long. This is his second one. He had a 500 midsize crew before. It had some problems but not as bad as this. And he put over 3000 miles on the 500 if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts