Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched and have found various information on adding reverse lights to my 2018 570-4.

Most information appears to be for other models though. The only solid information I have seen is to purchase the $80 beeper kit and tap off of that..

Yesterday I attempted to tap onto the red and blue wires found on the drivers side rear frame. The red was hot and the blue was nothing until shifted into gear and then became ground. Found that info in another write up. Wired it up. Got the constant on but dim problem. Added in a relay as I found when searching. Problem solved.. or not. Light comes on in reverse, low, and high. Only turned off in park and neutral.

Read the directions for the beeper kit. Took apart the ECM harness and found the #45 plug. Pulled it and realized I would need some special wire connector to tap into it.

Any idea what this connector is called? Or any other way to make reverse lights work without a toggle switch or an expensive beeper kit that I don't want?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Upon further thought.. SOMETHING has to be telling the ECU when it's in reverse. I shouldn't have to tap the ECU. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 570? I can't seem to find a good one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.