Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New utv purchase Michigan
Hello folks I'm in the market for a new utv, I've never owned one but I have decided on a polaris ranger. Im looking at using it for plowing, wood hauling, and tilling small food plot etc.... The big question: is the 570 big/strong enough for pull behind disc/tillers and other implements? I don't want to buy one that's underpowered, but I don't want to pay an extra 4000 for the 900 model unless I need to. Please let me know your opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The 570 will be fine for that, you will lose traction before you come up short on power. The 900 is a torque monster though, and I wouldn't trade mine for anything less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if the one I sat in was full or mid but my knees didn't hit the dash like other manufacturers. Im guessing I'll need full size due to my size

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 6`-1'' and have no problem with my knees hitting in a midsize 2014 570 eps
570 seems like lots of power esp in low range for pulling or towing
mid size is nice on the narrow trails used by atv`s in my area .

·
Registered
163 Posts
This last summer I used the 570 to do a lot of dirt work with the blade and it had no problem moving black dirt with the 66" blade!
I wouldn't thing any ATV implement would pose a problem! You have to remember that these implements are designed to work with all brands of ATV/UTVs most that have MUCH less power then the 570!

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought a 570 full size and very happy with the power. Rode for 3 days here in southern WV and not disappointed at all for power. I agree that power has to be put to the ground and honestly for most a larger cc size is not needed. Unless your riding down the road which I don't recommend the 570 will do fine even on the steepest hills. It will also keep up with any larger machine on the trail in my opinion unless your running GNCC races. I ride with 1000 cc machines and they can't navigate at a safe speed any faster than my old 400 ranger. So I bought the 570 and prefer it because the price difference allowed for Power Steering which was more important to me than the 900cc motor.

Just my 2 cents.

Kevin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts