Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got a 6x6 at work for extracting deer carcasses and looking at mounting a winch to pull animals onto the bed. Does anyone have any experience/ideas/pictures of anything that they have had fabricated? Or suggestions on what winch to go for (i'm in the uk). Concerned about whether the box is strong enough to take the pull and stability if the bed is tipped whilst winching. Animals can weigh upto 200kg/450lbs. Many Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Limey, I would look for something that would attach to the rear trailer hitch or the bed itself with a swivel boom and a hand crank or electric winch that could pick up the deer and swing it into the bed. JMO

·
Registered
123 Posts
There was a post that someone used 4 fair leads and winch to load Elk. They mounted 2 fair leads on top of roll bar, one on brush guard above winch and one on winch. They ran cable up over the cab.. The must have had some kind of ramp to get it up to the dump bed.. I have no experience with animals that big.. North east US whitetails do not grow that large.. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts