Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looking at a few older models: 2009 800 S, immaculate, only 500 original miles or a 2010 800 EPS, only 1000 original miles. What is the consensus? Is it better to go with the 800 S features and forgo the manufacture installed power steering, or go with the power steering 800 model? Both same price.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I looked at a lot of good deals on non- eps rangers. But I'm over 50 and don't want to fight the steering. So for me after driving both, I'd pay the extra $1000. for the EPS. And that's what I did. If your young and rugged. Buy the non-EPS.

·
Vendor
255 Posts
Hi,
Looking at a few older models: 2009 800 S, immaculate, only 500 original miles or a 2010 800 EPS, only 1000 original miles. What is the consensus? Is it better to go with the 800 S features and forgo the manufacture installed power steering, or go with the power steering 800 model? Both same price.
I'd definitely go for the 800 S model without the power steering, and then get our 800 S EZSteer Power Steering Kit. You'll get the waaaay better suspension ride out of the S model, AND power steering for less than the difference between the two. The S is a way better machine, suspension wise, and our power steering kit is going to be better and cheaper than the stock one for less money. Plus...I can get you a little member discount for participating in this forum. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll get you hooked up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I would go with the power steering. I have no personal experience with one without, but I have been told that even a small rock will jerk the wheel to turn without power steering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts