Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger Crew 1000
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the Forums and had a question for you more knowledgeable off-road guys. I recently purchased my 2021 Ranger 1000 crew SOHC. I’ve been an ATV guy my whole life and now that the family is 5 members deep we decided to go the UTV route. I have already purchased and installed the Highlifter 3” lift and 1.5” spacers all the way around. Front A arms all seem to be in backorder but will be ordering once I find a set. I’m assuming 1.5” forward is the standard? Any brand recommendations are appreciated here in A arms. I would like to move to 30”+ tire if that setup will allow? Will also install new axles once I have a few miles on the stocks. But my questions are this... how tall can I reasonably go with that setup? And which tire does everyone recommend? I am narrowed down to hawks, terminators, intimidators, and Outlaw 3s? All of these will handle most of the mud we see here in south Arkansas... I am more worried about rubber wear on the gravel roads going to and from the trails we ride. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,927 Posts
I don't know about the height you want, I have been running a 3 inch lift for 6 years, and 1.5 spacers all the way around. As for tires
that is pretty much up to you, and the terrain you travel on. I know that 28 inch tires isn't a problem, but 30 inch tires depending on
brand may rub. i bought cheap aggressive tires from Nebraska Tire, many years ago. They were called Mud Gear. I installed them
on a new Yamaha Griz 700, and ran them for 7 years, then when I purchased a 2013 xp900 Ranger I transferred them over, and
they have been on the Ranger now for 7 years. I don't know if they will ever wear out, and I would like to replace them. But be
cost conscious, I won't until the tires are junk. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts