Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2021 polaris ranger XP 1000 northstar ultimate 3 seater that has a whining noise when I am using A/C and almost coming to a stop. It doesn’t happen when I don’t use A/C. Has anyone experienced this issue or know how to resolve it?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
225 Posts
Welcome Paul. I think my ‘20 does it, but never consistent enough to determine if its the A/C causing the issue. Perhaps the compressor is not on every time i come to a stop therefore it dont do it. It happens so quick that i can’t shut off the A/C fast enough to test this theory out. Sorry I can’t offer more help other than to confirm I have a random chirping noise from the back on deceleration also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every time I use my A/C and the bike is at operation temp and I go to slow down it sounds like a turbo spooling down. I turn my A/C off while driving and it doesn’t do it anymore. I seen an older post on here and some mentioned that it maybe the A/C belt???

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
225 Posts
I guess for $33 USD a new belt might be worth the effort to see if the noise goes away. There is a special tool (Polaris #PU-52087) to remove/install it according to the service manual. Not sure the cost of it though.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Premium Pursuit Camo
10 Posts
I also have a 21 Northstar Premium. My AC has the same whining sound when coming to a stop. Kind of sounds like a turbine winding down. When I had it in to the dealer he said that it is a normal sound. Not sure if that is a true statement or not but mine seems to be working fine. It has made the sound from day one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also had mine at my local dealership and they say the same things it’s all normal. Disappointing as it’s so annoying of a sound especially when the bike is brand new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts