Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a bulldog security remote starter to the xp 1000 today. Pretty neat the heater is nice and toasty when you get in. $40 on eBay and pretty simple go install. Model rs82 remote starter

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are four wires on your ignition switch. Two oranges, green I believe goes to starter and red is constant power. Looking at ignition switch from the back upper left is orange ignition wire bottom left is green starter wire bottom right is orange brake wire and top right is red constant power. Use those four wires and follow directions too hook them up and then use the test light to find your tail light wire in the back of the light switch and hook that wire up. Then your good to go. Pretty simple once you look at the directions. Figuring out the wiring I give you was the hardest part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to do the same with an RS-82I and its kind of confusing with all the wires that the unit comes with, I know I only need about seven of them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At first I never hooked up the brake wire then later I hooked it up so the engine would die if someone tried to take it. When it’s running on remote start it will die if you touch the brake. The check engine light stays on when running on remote start but if you hit the brake it will die then you put the key in and start it and it goes away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rock, where did you find the brake wire in the cab or outside on the brake master..... I would pm you but don't have enough posts yet, so sorry to the rest of you reading this.
Best
Rob

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look from the back of the ignition switch plug the bottom right orange wire is the brake wire the upper right (red) is constant power the upper left (orange) is ignition wire and bottom left (green) is starter wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote starter

Hey Guys,

Has anyone else tried this. Have you figured out a way to not have the engine light come on and stop / restart the machine before you go?

I just ordered a bulldog remote starter and am going to give it a shot.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven’t figured out the light but I just shut off and restart. I guess that doesn’t really answer your question. Haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I have tried wiring a bulldog RS82 and could not get it to work. I wired the white “ignition” wire from the bulldog (bd) to the top left orange, the bd blue/black to the bottom right orange, the bd yellow/black to the bottom left green, the bd red (2 of them wired together) to the top right red. Also connected the black ground. I am getting nothing. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Working on installing this today. Think I’m understanding it just nervous about cutting wires. What needs to be done with the hood latch switch? Does it need to be grounded or will it work if it’s not hooked up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you mind doing a list of each wire, where you tied into it and its color? It would be super awesome of you.

OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT
OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT
OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT
(+) 30A HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT
OUTPUT TO SECOND IGNITION/ACCESSORY CIRCUIT
(+) 30A HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT
GROUND
LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT
NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT
TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE
BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT WIRE
HOOD PIN SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On my 2019 I had to hook the ignition 1 wire to ignition and ignition two wire to my brake wire on the back of switch to get it to work. So the machine word think the brakes were pressed for it to start. I didn’t have to do this on my 2018 though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts