Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just finished mine.

For the 2 red 12v wires and the black ground I ran them to the power block under the hood.

The yellow and black from the BD to the green “starter” wire on the ignition.

The blue and black from the BD to the bottom right orange “brake” wire on the ignition.

The white ignition 1 from the BD to the top left orange “ignition” wire on the ignition

The tan wire from the BD to a light. I wasn’t going to do this but it is needed for programming so I just used a 12v test light.

After I got it all hooked up I had issues doing the remote initializing. The directions did not say this but the key needs to be in the ON position for that part. After that it worked great.

Thank you for starting this thread it was a very big help.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It will work on any machine you just have to know what wires run what on your ignition switch and wire it up right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any wiring info or do you know where I can get the info I need to wire it up to my Ranger XP900?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You will have to find a service manual for you sxs or test the wires with a test light to see what they are. I’m sure it probably has the same four wires on the back of the ignition which are brake,ignition(switch power),constant power and starter wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
An update. 2 weeks later it doesn’t work. It’s below zero so don’t plan on troubleshooting anytime soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After making the (4) connections to the ignition switch wiring, mine fired right up with no other connections - no brown wire/tail lamp connection needed. I have a 2017 Ranger 1000 Crew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see why you need to tap into the tail lights - so how did you determine which wire was indeed the taillights? I think there are 7 wires on the back of the switch and a couple are jumpered together.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think I looked at the wire colors at the tail lights and found the same color wire on the back of the switch. Can’t remember for sure but you could just use a test light also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got mine installed today, You MUST GROUND the Park/Neutral sense wire for the remote starter to initiate a start sequence. I did not hook up power to the brake wire but did use the brake input to kill the starter. Used the green wire for headlight confirmation.I also used voltage sense and no tach.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got mine working without the check engine light being triggered :grin: , I am working on a Delphi plug and play harness for the brake input + to kill the remote start when brakes are applied. If all goes well, then I will distribute them for what I paid for the parts at cost to contribute to the cause. I hate cutting wires if I don't have to..;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remote start

Guys I apologize for being lazy but looking for step by step directions on how to put a remote start on a 2018 Polaris Northstar 1000 going to try to do it myself and hate to make a bad mistake, hopefully somebody's got a step by step install directions thanks very very much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone figured out (who is willing to share) what jumper is needed to solve the CEL staying on when started via remote start? I just finished my install, and I can't seem to figure that part out.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts