Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570-4 Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I'm satisfied with most of the fitment on my new 2021 570-4. The one item that I don't like is that there appears to be no positive "engagement", or catch, between the hood and the fender quarter panels. You can manually align it, but after a little vibration it will slide "out and down" off of the quarter panel ledge.

I am considering modifying this, with some sort of way to have it "hook" onto the fenders. I'm attaching a photo for clarification; you can see where the hood has slid out and down off the ledge.

Has anyone found a unobtrusive way to fix this? I have the premium paint job on my unit, and would like it to look good when finished.

Thank you,
Frank

PXL_20210328_191943589.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570-4 Premium
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should note that the picture is a little more extreme than it normally appears, for the sake of illustration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received my 2021 570-4 Premium and I have the same issue. Please continue to post if you DYI a solution or hear of any Polaris solution.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Polaris has never been noted for body panels fitment / finish , I've had many polaris snowmobiles / atvs since the early nineties , nothings changed - lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont have a hood latch to look at for reference so if this doesn't work then toss the idea. Does the extruding nipple park come off where you could carefully drill it for a 1/16- 3/32 retaining pin? I drew a crude picture for reference.

IMG_7954.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts