Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Got a 2020 mid size 500 ranger yesterday and wanting a roof, “glass” windshield and rear panel. Any ideas without paying Polaris prices? I have had Ryfab and s x s glass products but it seems they don’t make them for rangers. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all. Got a 2020 mid size 500 ranger yesterday and wanting a roof, “glass” windshield and rear panel. Any ideas without paying Polaris prices? I have had Ryfab and s x s glass products but it seems they don’t make them for rangers. Thanks in advance
just my opinion but when you spend the kind of money for something like this you should stay with oem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
recently purchased a 2020 ranger xp northstar. had a polaris blade installed with the electric ram for the angle pivot. i have the wireless winch and was wondering if you can hardwire a switch parallel with the remote. it seems kinda cumbersome to hold the keyfob in your hand and try to shift from forward to reverse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
?
recently purchased a 2020 ranger xp northstar. had a polaris blade installed with the electric ram for the angle pivot. i have the wireless winch and was wondering if you can hardwire a switch parallel with the remote. it seems kinda cumbersome to hold the keyfob in your hand and try to shift from forward to reverse.

?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know the Polaris prices hurt, but you will not get a better fit and finish. I don't know if anyone else is doing glass windshields for these.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's this have to do with the OP's question?? Start your own thread....geesh

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know the Polaris prices hurt, but you will not get a better fit and finish. I don't know if anyone else is doing glass windshields for these.
Check with Side By Side website. Put a Lexan scratch resistant windshield, Canvas roof, and back glass on my 500 for around $600 bucks. Not OEM but Polaris got enough of my $$ on the machine. For what I use my machine for-hunting, wood cutting, yard stuff, these pieces fit the bill well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put a Seizmik hard coated vented on my 2019 570 mid and SuperAtv roof and a old stock Polaris rear window a Polaris dealer was clearing out. The Seizmik fits just as good as the Polaris rear window and was a lot cheaper than a Polaris front

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve had numerous utvs over the years (3 gators, a canam, an ace, an rzr, a ranger 900, and a general). Some with glass and some without.....just can’t beat glass. Found a Koplin glass that has vents at the bottom. My Polaris dealer ordered me one since he is a koplin supplier as well (and he told me Polaris owns Koplin). Hopefully I will like it. For $499 I thought why not. Here’s the link Glass Windshield - Polaris® Ranger® 500 / 570 Mid-Size/ Crew Mid-Size | Kolpin. Thanks all for the input.

·
Vendor
237 Posts

Hey man!
We make a ton of goodies for that Ranger! Give us a call at 855-743-3427 or check it out online. Ranger midsize 500 parts and accessories

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve been looking at your site. Think I’ll order some of those half doors soon if they aren’t too difficult to install. Thanks.

·
Vendor
237 Posts
Nope! Pretty simple! We have the half doors, the full clear doors for the full cab enclosure, and the soft cab enclosure doors. Lots of options! Shooting you a PM with a discount.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a shipping cost?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Ranger 6X6 and had a 2004 Ranger 6X6. I alway make my own roof and front and rear windshields out of 1/4" tempered glass. The roof is 10 to 12 gauge steel. Here are some photos. Let me know if you want more info.

IMG_4895.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did that exact thing. I have a 2019 XP 1000. Under the center of the dash, there was a connector already there with all the winch wiring. I wired that to a two way rocker switch and placed the switch next to the 4 wheel drive selector. I can use either the manual switch or the wireless.
AK Chappy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts