Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a full exhaust system for the 2019 NS with the muffler in the back (not the side mount). I'm looking to eliminate the cat and I don't really want it too loud.
I've found the Big Mo slip on muffler but that's about it and it doesn't eliminate the cat.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ranger Crew Northstar Premium
14 Posts
I'm looking at an HMF slip on exhaust. They show on their website a picture of a Titan QS (quiet) that looks like it will work. I doubt they have a full exhaust because they specialize in racing. But, maybe you could swing by a small local muffler shop and have them bend the pipe for you to replace your existing.

Good luck,

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Last night I took the muffler off and cut it open with a plasma cutter. I didn't realize the cat was in the muffler. I removed the cat and all of the fiberglass insulation in there then welded to back together. Time consuming and welding that thing back up really sucked but, I like the sound of it and i saved a bunch of money. I ordered a tuner and clutch kit today. These mods should wake this turd up. (I hope).
If anyone is thinking of doing this, on the intake side you need to measure 4 inches from the edge and on the output side measure 4.5 inches to make your cuts. There are 2 support ribs in there and following these measurements will put you inside the ribs and make it much easier. A cut off wheel can be used to open the muffler but I think you will have to have a plasma to remove the cat. It is on the intake side of the muff.

·
Registered
2022 XP1000 Ranger Crew, 2017 RZR XP Turbo
17 Posts
Last night I took the muffler off and cut it open with a plasma cutter. I didn't realize the cat was in the muffler. I removed the cat and all of the fiberglass insulation in there then welded to back together. Time consuming and welding that thing back up really sucked but, I like the sound of it and i saved a bunch of money. I ordered a tuner and clutch kit today. These mods should wake this turd up. (I hope).
If anyone is thinking of doing this, on the intake side you need to measure 4 inches from the edge and on the output side measure 4.5 inches to make your cuts. There are 2 support ribs in there and following these measurements will put you inside the ribs and make it much easier. A cut off wheel can be used to open the muffler but I think you will have to have a plasma to remove the cat. It is on the intake side of the muff.
did you happen to take any pics of it while in process so we can see what we would be getting into?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts