Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like these have same capacity as the flooded batteries. What are the positives and negatives of going this route? Sure would be nice not to have to fill with water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
203 Posts
They don't vent hydrogen (explosive), don't spill over when you're flying over bumpy terrain, don't eat away your vehicle, and like you said they're maintenance free. Pretty much the only negative is the price.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about cold weather? We hunt Ohio in January so gets pretty cold. Money wise it’s not too big of hit as oem batteries seem to be around 1800 delivered.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How about cold weather? We hunt Ohio in January so gets pretty cold. Money wise it’s not too big of hit as oem batteries seem to be around 1800 delivered.

AGMs are supposed to be somewhat better in the cold, I think that's the kind of generic stuff you can easily find on the Internet :) If you really want cold weather performance though,
you may want to look into LTO cells.

4. Low-Temperature Performance

Another advantage of using Lithium Titanate batteries is that due to the nanotechnology employed, these batteries have a much better low-temperature performance in comparison to other battery technologies.

Due to these low-temperature discharge characteristics, it is able to obtain up to 80% of its full capacity at a mere -30°C.
https://www.ev-power.eu/LTO-Tech/

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. Appears to already be a algorithm for these AGM batteries.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I switched to AGM's about a year and a half ago (I think). I have been really pleased with them. No loss of range or power associated with the batteries.

Now, I have some other gremlin robbing me of power but it's not the batteries. They are testing just fine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sawtooth, I will be replacing my batteries after hunting season next year. Let me know if you go with the VMAX and your evaluation of their performance. I am considering them also. Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may try them soon. Still debating but looks like a viable option. Still unsure of correct algorithm though as I’m seeing conflicting information

·
Registered
165 Posts
I contacted Delta Q customer service and they responded as follows:

The most suitable algorithm for that battery will be #42
You can find upload instructions, descriptions and algorithm files on our support site: https://support.delta-q.com/

I contacted VMAX customer service and asked if a heat sensor was required charging their batteries with a Delta Q and they replied no.

I am seriously considering them also.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah just be careful. I contacted them also and got two completely different answers so now have no confidence in their recommendations which is why I decided to hold off. You would think they should know but apparently they either have untrained staffing or multiple programs can be used. Proceed with caution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts