Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate
178 Posts
Are your machines tuned, or stock? When mine was stock it ran 200-210, & sometime a little hotter when going up a small hill.
Mine is stock. You are saying that it's cooler with a tune? What do you recommend? Does it mess with the warranty? Removable before visiting the dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
237 Posts
With a tune like something from Terry the temp at which the fan engages can be adjusted down. I also adjusted mine down for summer time but then let it run normal for the winter when i want to get more heat in the cab. Thats one advantage of the handheld tuner like a Dynojet or the new type that Terry carries.

·
Registered
178 Posts
With a tune like something from Terry the temp at which the fan engages can be adjusted down. I also adjusted mine down for summer time but then let it run normal for the winter when i want to get more heat in the cab. Thats one advantage of the handheld tuner like a Dynojet or the new type that Terry carries.
More info please!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar crew
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mine is stock. You are saying that it's cooler with a tune? What do you recommend? Does it mess with the warranty? Removable before visiting the dealer?
Mine is not tuned. I just ordered a tuner today and removed the cat last night. So I'll see if that changes it in about a week.
Having the additional power is nice, but with Gilomen’s tune and clutch kit it’s much better than stock. The coolant fan kicks on at 190 instead of 205-210 which keeps your machine running much cooler. Warranty would depend on your dealer. I purchased the EZLynk, that way I flash the ECU myself. Takes 2 minutes. Also comes with a stock file that allows you to return it to stock. It’s expensive that way, about $1100. If you send in you ECM and have then flash it cost us around $500. To return it to stock you would have to send your ECM back to them or one of their dealers. Some people say that they can tell if you flash the ECM, others say no. Really I don’t know. Opinions are like, well you already know the answer to that. I know when I worked for Spartan Diesel Ford could tell if we flashed one of their diesel trucks, but the dealer could not. It’s well worth it to me just to have it run cooler. Hell, for you I could send you my EZLynk and then all you would have to purchase would be the tune and clutch kit. That’s $500 and I believe you pay for shipping to them and they pay for the trip back to you. If you ever want to do it just let me know!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Having the additional power is nice, but with Gilomen’s tune and clutch kit it’s much better than stock. The coolant fan kicks on at 190 instead of 205-210 which keeps your machine running much cooler. Warranty would depend on your dealer. I purchased the EZLynk, that way I flash the ECU myself. Takes 2 minutes. Also comes with a stock file that allows you to return it to stock. It’s expensive that way, about $1100. If you send in you ECM and have then flash it cost us around $500. To return it to stock you would have to send your ECM back to them or one of their dealers. Some people say that they can tell if you flash the ECM, others say no. Really I don’t know. Opinions are like, well you already know the answer to that. I know when I worked for Spartan Diesel Ford could tell if we flashed one of their diesel trucks, but the dealer could not. It’s well worth it to me just to have it run cooler. Hell, for you I could send you my EZLynk and then all you would have to purchase would be the tune and clutch kit. That’s $500 and I believe you pay for shipping to them and they pay for the trip back to you. If you ever want to do it just let me know!
I'll have to do some research into the tuner. I'd prefer that the changes not be permanent.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
237 Posts
The Dynojet Power Vision 3 is a small handheld unit that plugs into the diagnostic connector and can flash the ecm with tunes you manipulate or ones from others such as dynojet. When you first get it and plug it in it will lock itself to the VIN. The stock file is downloaded and retained on the device while it swaps out the tune file. You can go back and forth between them. I have a couple files i use. Winter with tracks so the speedo is more correct and also have the seat belt requirement disabled and normal fan engagement and summer for tires where I adjusted the speed calibration a touch for my 28” tires. In the summer i let the fan come on at the lower temp. There is a software package that is free from dynojet where one can make some adjustments and test and tune. I see the current cost from their site is $450ish and when i paid $400 for mine a couple of years ago additional licenses for another VIN could be purchased for $225. The diagnostic capabilities are nice too. You can scan and clear codes on machines and not just the one VIN used for the tuning.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Dynojet Power Vision 3 is a small handheld unit that plugs into the diagnostic connector and can flash the ecm with tunes you manipulate or ones from others such as dynojet. When you first get it and plug it in it will lock itself to the VIN. The stock file is downloaded and retained on the device while it swaps out the tune file. You can go back and forth between them. I have a couple files i use. Winter with tracks so the speedo is more correct and also have the seat belt requirement disabled and normal fan engagement and summer for tires where I adjusted the speed calibration a touch for my 28” tires. In the summer i let the fan come on at the lower temp. There is a software package that is free from dynojet where one can make some adjustments and test and tune. I see the current cost from their site is $450ish and when i paid $400 for mine a couple of years ago additional licenses for another VIN could be purchased for $225. The diagnostic capabilities are nice too. You can scan and clear codes on machines and not just the one VIN used for the tuning.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 1000xp North Star
80 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Tinted windows all but front window. Got sound and heat insulation installed in the roof, doors, and under the seats. It can be a 100 and it’s a great 65 inside. I sure do notice the heat when I’m heading into the sun with no tinting on the front window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What temperature is the air blowing from the vents? My 2022 is not very cold. I am going to see what temperature it is this weekend. Does Polaris have a spec for this?

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Crew Ultimate
139 Posts
What temperature does your machine run at? Mine stays around 178-180 unless I’m cruising up a hill doing 50. Then it may hit 190-192. Goes right back down as soon as I get to the top. Did you just take it to someone to get it tinted? Is it ceramic tint! I really don’t know what the difference is. Is one really better than the other or not.
I have ceramic tint on mine, did 20% all around and 50% front. I think it helps with the heat. I need to have my ac system charged, I believe that’s the issue with mine. Local auto guy has machine to do it.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 1000xp North Star
80 Posts
I’m not sure the temp coming out of the vents, I have never check it. I do know that when I wash the machine I always pressure wash out the radiator, it seems like the dirt collects between the radiators and it really reduces the temp of the ac.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine only has 10 hours on it. I was not impressed with AC at all. I would like to determine if it is within cooling specifications prior to bringing it back to the dealer. It is always better to be informed before they look at it and cant find anything.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you don't tint your windows, you will not be happy. Period. You're basically sitting in a green house with a heater under it. And before you say "but my car doesn't feel like that" your car has UV blocker in the glass (polarized glass). That's why you see that honeycomb in the glass when you look at it with polarized sun glasses. Tint the glass or deal with it. 3M sells a UV blocker that's clear of you don't want them dark. Not sure how much that will help as I haven't tried it but, I've heard good things about it when used on house windows.
Not trying to be an a$$ but that's just how it is.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I have ceramic tint on mine, did 20% all around and 50% front. I think it helps with the heat. I need to have my ac system charged, I believe that’s the issue with mine. Local auto guy has machine to do it.
View attachment 28568
View attachment 28569
What is the difference between ceramic and non ceramic? That a great looking machine!

·
Registered
178 Posts
What is the difference between ceramic and non ceramic? That a great looking machine!
Glad you asked that question! It made me look into the differences and WOW! I think I will find someone close that can change my tint.

Reactions: WyoMud

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Glad you asked that question! It made me look into the differences and WOW! I think I will find someone close that can change mine tint.

Thanks for the info! Big difference between them. That’s something that I’ll have to do once I get back from my Texas trip. Hopefully someone around here in Sheridan or Gillette will be able to ceramic tinting. We don’t have too many choices where we live.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Glad you asked that question! It made me look into the differences and WOW! I think I will find someone close that can change my tint.

You could always do the other side with a clear ceramic

21 - 40 of 51 Posts