41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 NS Trail Boss
241 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is what I learned. With engine running at 3500 RPM for 15 minutes with windows closed there should be a 15⁰ difference between air temp and ambient temp. I can only get a 8⁰ drop measuring the air right at the vent.
It is going back for warranty work.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 1000xp North Star
80 Posts
Well I just checked mine today because I’ve never really thought about it before. 84 ambient temp and I had 46 at the defrost vent on the drivers side. Don’t know if that helps you at all.

·
Registered
2022 NorthStar Trail Boss
34 Posts
I'll have to do some research into the tuner. I'd prefer that the changes not be permanent.
The dealer I purchased my 2019 from turned me onto the Gilomen tune. Terry isn't that far from me and I took it to him and left it for a few days and he worked his magic. Told him I wanted it quieter inside and also the ability to run in high at 5-10 mph to reduce the RPM's. It isn't just the ECU tune he excels at clutch tuning. He did it and also upgraded the belt. Just had the CVT cover off 2 weeks ago and the belt looks like new but it only has ~1,400 miles on it.

Pick up my NS TB tomorrow and will run the stock tires for a bit to see if I want to change them to 4 same size instead of staggered, my preference has always been 4 the same size. But don't want to go taller than OEM or add too much additional weight. Once I determine what I will be running I will have Terry do the same tune to my 22 but changes in tire sizes or weight effect the tune so want to have the final configuration before he does it.

Terry keeps the original factory tune on file. But I like the idea of being able to flash it back on my own if needed in the event I need to take it in for warranty work instead of taking it back to him. The dealer for my 2019 had no problem with the tune but the dealer getting my 22 from isn't so keen on it.

Even though it is the low RPM tune when you put it in Performance mode the machine really comes to life and wakes it up. And in work or standard mode it still runs better and gets rid of all the false codes and limp mode. You really want the tune, best mod that I have had done to mine and looking forward to getting it done on my 22.

Just trying to help, you spend money LOL. After seeing your rear Thumper Fab bumper that is the next thing I'm putting on once I sell my 19. Going to go with a small winch as well and hope I never have to use it. But seriously the Gilomen ECU and clutch tune really wakes these things up, and IMO are a huge improvement over factory.

View attachment 28567 Tinted windows all but front window. Got sound and heat insulation installed in the roof, doors, and under the seats. It can be a 100 and it’s a great 65 inside. I sure do notice the heat when I’m heading into the sun with no tinting on the front window.
I only have the 3 seater but if I had the crew I'd do the same as you. I want full visibility out the front and sides. I spend the month of October in the buggy hunting in the tip of the Mn. Arrowhead and the sun is starting to get pretty weak by then, I want all the light I can. And shoot (with the camera) out the windows often.

I didn't insulate the roof or doors but did everything between the cab and engine including the floor and tunnel. Also filled in all gaps and holes with monkey chit (plumbers putty). Dropped the sound level 12 db and now can hold a normal conversation at 60 mph without screaming. Which is why I stopped with the insulation and didn't do the doors and roof, it was enough for my needs. And it will freeze you out in the summer and cook you in the winter if so desired. Added benefit is no dust.

Used Second Skin sound dampening as a base and a few of their other products. Then using Tractor Interiors in Iowa bought sheets of bulk mass loaded vinyl on top of it and their really heavy MLV for floor mats. Will do the same with the 22 once all the wiring is in place for accessories.

Took 2 weekends and several evenings after work but feel it was well worth it. This time around it should go a lot faster now that I've done it before. But hoping this is the last one I will have to do that is the plan at least for now at my age.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to get off topic a bit, but what gun rack is that?
Great Day Quick Draw, but I don't see the adaptor plate for mine (2019 NS) on the website anymore for some reason. It works great and I keep it mounted all year in the summer for sporting clays and of course during hunting season. I'd give them a call and see what they have for a mounting plate now days.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Great Day Quick Draw, but I don't see the adaptor plate for mine (2019 NS) on the website anymore for some reason. It works great and I keep it mounted all year in the summer for sporting clays and of course during hunting season. I'd give them a call and see what they have for a mounting plate now days.
Thanks, I've been looking at different options and haven't seen any I like and that mount wasn't familiar, I'll check them out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks.
I am also interested in this. Did you compare it with the Polaris branded mount? They look fairly similar at first glance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cold Iron.
I am also interested in your sound insulation. I would be all in on a 12dB noise reduction..
I will have to search more closely to find the exact materials you used. Any more info you could provide in that regard would be great. I don't see second skin or mass loaded vinyl listed on the linked website. And how many square feet do you think were used in your machine? I also have a three seater.
Did you install everything from inside the cabin? Such as the piece behind the upper seatbacks. Or did you do that from the engine compartment side?
Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks.
I am also interested in this. Did you compare it with the Polaris branded mount? They look fairly similar at first glance.
When I got my 19 NS the dealer told me the Polaris gun rack would not work as the mirror in the NS is lower than the regular XP 1000. Interesting as I picked up my 22 this afternoon (FINALLY!) and sitting inside it with the salesman I asked what the bracket was above the mirror. He said that is where the mirror is normally mounted on XP 1000. The dealer I got my 19 from also said that many were not happy with the Polaris in cab mount and find an alternative solution so I did. Proves that even a blind squirrel gets a lucky nut once in awhile. The Great Day rack tilts at the base so I point it back toward the seat and have lots of clearance for my 32" target shotguns or of course any of my hunting guns.

Cold Iron.
I am also interested in your sound insulation. I would be all in on a 12dB noise reduction..
I will have to search more closely to find the exact materials you used. Any more info you could provide in that regard would be great. I don't see second skin or mass loaded vinyl listed on the linked website. And how many square feet do you think were used in your machine? I also have a three seater.
Did you install everything from inside the cabin? Such as the piece behind the upper seatbacks. Or did you do that from the engine compartment side?
Thanks.
I hate to take this thread too far off track, it is a good thread. So I just posted my write up on here. Hope that helps. I will never make a technical writer so if you have any questions I can answer them there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, I've been looking at different options and haven't seen any I like and that mount wasn't familiar, I'll check them out.
Thanks.
OK guess I am going to have to admit that I might be getting old(er). Was just working on moving the rack to the new machine and it is not a Great Day like I thought. It is a Rugged Gear rack and plate.

Gun Rack

XP 1000 Floor Plate Adaptor

Glad they put that sticker on it with a QR code to set me straight.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts