Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last September, when I went to the dealer to have some work done on my RZR, He was real proud of the fact that they had just got some K & N air filters in. A couple of months later a man I know was really happy about installing some new air filters on his ride. I am not a mechanic. I am just a parts changer. What is the advantage in installing new air filters? Do they give you more power? Do they make the motor run cooler? Do you get better gas mileage? Any information will be greatly appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Performace can be better, better air flow. Most aftermarket filters are washable. And reoilable, That means it will be the last one you need to by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I HAVE K&N FILTERS 2 UNDER THE HOOD AND 1 IN BACK


LOVE THE K&N FILTERS WORKS GOOD WITH THE RIDES THAT I GO ON SAND/TRAILS/ROCKS/HILLS/WATER
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
HAY FAMILYGUY I SEE THAT YOU PICKED UP SOME K&N.. 2 THAT GO UNDER THE HOOD... DID YOU GET THEM FOR DALE OR HERE IN AZ



DO YOU HAVE THE K&N FOR THE BACK???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
wheelywelch said:
HAY FAMILYGUY I SEE THAT YOU PICKED UP SOME K&N.. 2 THAT GO UNDER THE HOOD... DID YOU GET THEM FOR DALE OR HERE IN AZ



DO YOU HAVE THE K&N FOR THE BACK???
I have been told by local dealers to remove the one in the back, once I got the two up front. But after researching the subject a little more, I see many, especially here in AZ-Because of the dust, keep the one in the back.

Does it restrict the air, have you tried it w/ out the back filter?? Do you have the Outerwears on yours??

I have a UniFilter in the back. So far so good, maybe sometime in the future I'll switch it to a K&N - Maybe. I was thinking about taking it off, so I'm sure having something there is better than nothing at all.

In response to the filter question, here's what Dale had to say about the filters- He made me a believer O0:

Dirty said:
Augie, One of the best places to start is with clutching and filtration. The clutching will help you pull the hills better with more speed plus the added bonus of having engine braking. The filtration will give you better throttle response, the motor will be quicker revving and added engine protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Keep in mind that the stock paper element will restrict the air flow as much 40% over a K&N filter. Having both filters will not hurt your performance it will just give you added engine protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
GPER said:
Where all are you putting three filters at??????
The Canister OEM filter in the back, under the bed.
And we removed those two black/filter looking boxes in the front, under the hood and replaced both w/ a K&N filter No. RU-1770.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep up the good posts people, I am learning as I go. Thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
hey family guy did you just put the 2 k&N ru 1770 just as they come without any cover in exactly the same plse as the plastic boxes were
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
bsmith said:
hey family guy did you just put the 2 k&N ru 1770 just as they come without any cover in exactly the same plse as the plastic boxes were
Yup, that's what I did. I will probably be getting the Outerwears, since that's what Dale suggests.
(I just hope he doesn't suggest I jump off a building, haha :2funny:)

Here's a pic of them installed, the clamp comes w/ the filters:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I have them with the outerwear works good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
FamilyGuy said:
bsmith said:
hey family guy did you just put the 2 k&N ru 1770 just as they come without any cover in exactly the same plse as the plastic boxes were
Yup, that's what I did. I will probably be getting the Outerwears, since that's what Dale suggests.
(I just hope he doesn't suggest I jump off a building, haha :2funny:)

Here's a pic of them installed, the clamp comes w/ the filters:
So is this the air intake for the motor?????
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top